Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94305 by kellzey
Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:46 pm
It seems you can only use the instant second line with the Ooma handset.

I have 2 of them, and to be honest, I do not care for them.

I have a 2-line business phone that includes wired and cordless handsets.

I'd love to be able to figure out how to connect my 2-line traditional phone to the Ooma Telo and be able to actually use the Line 1 and Line 2 buttons on the phone (versus Flash).

This USED to be possible with the Ooma Hub and an Ooma Scout, but the Ooma Telo doesn't have a wall jack, only the phone jack.

Thanks,

Karl
#94306 by murphy
Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 pm
The only way to feed a two line phone with a Telo is to use two Telos.
#94315 by oomg
Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 pm
murphy wrote:The only way to feed a two line phone with a Telo is to use two Telos.

But stay tuned... there is a rumor that Ooma may be developing a Scout like device for the Telo system. In the meantime, if you are a Premier subscriber, you could split the line at the Telo, and depending on the type of 2 line phone you have, either merge the line into a 4 prong cord, or connect each of the split lines to your phone unit. Should work, but won't have a dedicated "Line 1-Line 2" on the phone unit.
#94317 by kellzey
Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:38 am
Yeah, the Telo unit phone port doesn't have l1/l2 output. Just L1. So you'd really only be duplicating line 1 and then both lines would ring.

It appears the solution for now is

1. Get an older Hub and Scout
2. Get 2 Telos
3. Deal with it
#94320 by oomg
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:59 am
You might be right. I'm not sure if adding distinctive ring tones to the separate numbers would help you distinguish which number is being called, assuming that is your objective. However, it would allow you to receive two calls on the same unit and should allow you to use the unit's hold feature to put caller # 1 on hold to take call from caller # 2.

The really interesting feature of segregating the lines between the Hub and Scout is that I can make or receive two calls on the same number at the same time, or make/receive calls on the separate numbers at the same time. However, there is a limit of two calls at any given time. That is the primary reason I prefer the Hub/Scout system, and why I have been promoting the concept of a Scout like device for the Telo System.
#111623 by goosedude
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 pm
This is an old thread....but I figured I would update it with a current solution to the question.

You can now use the OOMA TELO with 2-Line Phone Systems by purchasing an OOMA LINX and having that connect to the 2nd line on your old phone system.

I currently have 2 OOMA TELO Units with 2 separate #s and have discussed with technical support about unifying the #s onto 1 device.

You do have to call into them to have this done however......the # they provided is: