Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94249 by Bill D
Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 pm
I got an email from Ooma that says -

"This is to confirm that your Ooma account information was recently modified. To ensure your security, please review that you made or authorized the following change(s):
[x] Service Address Change - The Address Where You Have Your Ooma System Installed And Where You Physically Make & Get Phone Calls."

I didn't change anything and I checked My Ooma and nothing changed. Is someone hacking me?
#94251 by Bill D
Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:09 pm
I called support and they said they don't know why I was sent that email if no changes were made and there's no way to know which one of my three Hub accounts the message applied to (I use my same email address on all three Hub accounts).

I'm stumped - I guess I'll change my passwords to long and complex ones on all three Hubs, just in case someone has one of my old passwords.

Has anyone else here got bogus "account change" emails from Ooma?
#94252 by murphy
Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 pm
Do any of your my.ooma accounts default to the dashboard?
I have mine start at the call logs.
#94254 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 pm
Bill, I remember getting these too. Sure enough, last May, on the same day, 1 minute apart, I got 2 identical emails such as this.

This is to confirm that your Ooma account information was recently modified. To ensure your security, please review that you made or authorized the following change(s):

[x] Service Address Change - The Address Where You Have Your Ooma System Installed
And Where You Physically Make & Get Phone Calls.

If you did not make or authorize these changes, please contact a member of our customer support team at 1-888-711-6662. We're here Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm PST and 8am to 5pm PST on the weekends.

Thanks for choosing Ooma!

Best Regards,
Ooma Support

I chalked it up to a system glitch. Nothing strange happened to my account since then. I might have modified my name but not service address (don't remember if the emails happend when I changed the name on the account).