Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93666 by epiemae
Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 am
We will be moving to Singapore and I want to bring my Ooma along. I realize I might need a converter for their electricity? And I guess I would be buying a telephone once I am there. Is this all do-able? Is there anything else I am not considering or should know about?
#93667 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 pm
Someone reported buying a local phone there and it working fine with Ooma.

Just need to make sure you got the power situation figured out.

viewtopic.php?t=13404#p93262

You'd need to keep your Ooma registered with an US address; just don't call 911 or emergency response will show up to the registered address.
#93681 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 pm
epiemae wrote:We will be moving to Singapore and I want to bring my Ooma along. I realize I might need a converter for their electricity? And I guess I would be buying a telephone once I am there. Is this all do-able? Is there anything else I am not considering or should know about?

You probably won't need a power converter. Look at the Ooma device's Power adapter. My Ooma Telo adapter says 100 to 240 V. But you will need an adapter from the wall plugs over there, to the US type electric power plugs, so that the plug prongs mate correctly. An example pictures are at http://international-electrical-supplie ... pters.html . I think I purchased my adapters the late time at Walmart?