Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93606 by 40winks
Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am
I received an email about a call that went to my voicemail yesterday. It is from a number that we have received calls from before. The call did not ring our phone and it did not show up in the call log. I later called home and was able to get through so all calls were not being routed to voicemail. This puzzles me. I am signed up with community and personal blacklists. I only recently invoked the personal blacklist so could that be the reason? I have both receiving a "blocked message" but this one went to voicemail. It was from a cellular phone. Would that make the difference?
Thanks,
Bill
#93609 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 am
9138147349 wrote:I received an email about a call that went to my voicemail yesterday. It is from a number that we have received calls from before. The call did not ring our phone and it did not show up in the call log. I later called home and was able to get through so all calls were not being routed to voicemail. This puzzles me. I am signed up with community and personal blacklists. I only recently invoked the personal blacklist so could that be the reason? I have both receiving a "blocked message" but this one went to voicemail. It was from a cellular phone. Would that make the difference?
Thanks,
Bill

Power off the Ooma device for about 40 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and check your My Ooma call logs.
#93627 by 40winks
Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm
I did as you suggested. There is no change in the call logs. It is just listed as a voicemail(which I can access), not as an incoming or missed call. This has been the only hiccup (hiccough) with the Ooma service since I started with it back in January. At least, it made me aware that there was a call. That call was important to me since it was my son calling. He has no land line so he and his wife use there wireless phones for phone contact and she is expecting any moment.
Thanks,
Bill
#93629 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm
9138147349 wrote:I did as you suggested. There is no change in the call logs. It is just listed as a voicemail(which I can access), not as an incoming or missed call. This has been the only hiccup (hiccough) with the Ooma service since I started with it back in January. At least, it made me aware that there was a call. That call was important to me since it was my son calling. He has no land line so he and his wife use there wireless phones for phone contact and she is expecting any moment.
Thanks,
Bill

Go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/inbox. Once this page is open, Go to the right of Voicemail / INBOX View, and if you have Ooma Voicemail 2.0, you will see the words Archived Messages. If you see the words Archived Messages, click on those words and see if you mail went into the old Ooma Mail Inbox. I had this happen once, and I believe you can move the mail in the old Ooma Voicemail Inbox. Be sure to click on View Active Messages to return to your active Voicemail Inbox.
#93684 by 40winks
Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm
lbmofo asked:

"Any chance you have anonymous call block on sending it to voicemail? https://my.ooma.com/privacy"

No, I did not enable that.

To answer Thunderbird, I do not see "archived messages" to the right of voicemail/inbox so I guess I don't have Voicemail 2.0?
How do I make sure I have the most up-to-date software?

Thanks for all your help,
Bill
#93732 by thunderbird
Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm
9138147349 wrote:lbmofo asked:

"Any chance you have anonymous call block on sending it to voicemail? https://my.ooma.com/privacy"

No, I did not enable that.

To answer Thunderbird, I do not see "archived messages" to the right of voicemail/inbox so I guess I don't have Voicemail 2.0?
How do I make sure I have the most up-to-date software?

Thanks for all your help,
Bill

Ooma is still updating Voicemail to 2.0, and they do it from their end, at their own schedule. You just have to be patient and wait.
#93770 by 40winks
Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 pm
I am down at the bottom of the recommendations in the QOS section of my router. I have set the "high Priority" for TCP port 80. Do I need to do it for the MAC address also?
Also, should I be able to access setup.ooma.com from my home computer with ooma's home network unplugged? Sorry if these questions/steps are self-evident. I am a trial-and-error type of guy when it comes to computer tech.
Thanks for you informative help,
Bill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests