Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93572 by gpadick
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 pm
I have GE Dect 6.0 connected to OOMA and that works fine. I am connecting another land line phone to the same wall jack and I don't get a dial tone. I take the same phone next door and connect to their wall jack and it works fine. They don't have OOMA. I have tried connecting straight to the wall jack where my ooma device was connected to and no dial tone. I also tried a splitter in same jack and my ooma works but I still don't get a dial tone on the other land line.

Any ideas?
#93573 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:29 pm
gpadick wrote:I have GE Dect 6.0 connected to OOMA and that works fine. I am connecting another land line phone to the same wall jack and I don't get a dial tone. I take the same phone next door and connect to their wall jack and it works fine. They don't have OOMA. I have tried connecting straight to the wall jack where my ooma device was connected to and no dial tone. I also tried a splitter in same jack and my ooma works but I still don't get a dial tone on the other land line.

Any ideas?

How about if you disconnect the GE DECT 6.0 phone and connect the other phone directly to the Ooma device Phone port?
#93574 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm
You don't need your Ooma's "wall" jack connected to the house walljack unless you have landline service and you are using your landline number with Ooma. Is that what you are doing?

Like thunderbird says, plugging directly into Ooma should work so get a duplex connector so you can plug in both of your phone systems directly into Ooma.