Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93553 by dchbbc
Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:27 am
Hi, I have the Telo and one telo hanset (or whatever it's called). I also have a Panasonic system set up with 4 hansets. I use those as the main phones and the Telo handset for the second line only.
The question is, when the Panasonic phone is in use and someone calls, the Panasonic phone will give you the standard beep that you hear when you are on a call, letting you know that a call is coming in, but the Telo hanset doesn't ring right away so the other family members don't hear it ringing for a second or two. By the time they get to the phone, the caller has hung up.
Is there a way to make the handset ring instantly when a call comes through?
Thanks
#93554 by murphy
Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 am
If the Telo handset is assigned to a second number it should not ring at all when a second call comes in on the first number.
#93555 by dchbbc
Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 am
Thanks, but it does. That is part of the feature, that if you are on call 1 it will ring to call 2 which is the Telo handset. I have a primary number and the Telo handset number is different.
#93557 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 am
Both numbers ring all your phones right?

Anyway, try increasing your voicemail pick up time https://my.ooma.com/voicemail

I have it set to 30 sec (5 rings) so I have more time to pickup multi-ring'ed cell phone before going into Ooma VM.
#93558 by dchbbc
Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am
Thanks. Yess all phones ring at the same time no matter what number you call. I tried calling the main number from my cell and left it connected, then called again from a different cell, and all phones rang. I also tried calling line 2 direct and all phones rang.
I did set the rings to 30 sec 5 rings this morning just to see.

I think it's a combonation of the caller hanging up too soo and the family still not used to a second line ringing, then looking to see who's calling, then picking it up and having the slight delay before the person hears them and they hear the person. I have that walkie talkie delay at times.

Thanks for the help.....