Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93491 by memrph
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 pm
here is the situation i have next alarm monitored via traditional phone line i would like to go back to voip monitoring, i have the abn adapter. The issue is i work from home my company needs to have the first device off the modem be their juniper device for network security. They have a port, i can use for my personal needs, supposedly this port is completely open(no security) but the alarm panel will not connect if the juniper is connected, first.
if i remove the juniper device it works fine

looking for any ideas
my best idea at this point (after hours of frustration)would be to convince the alarm to just dial out using the ooma line, but haven't turned much up in searches on the topic

nextalarm has been great with trying to help but no success, my employer has been worthless and i have no access to the juniper setup
#93492 by Cyberchat
Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 pm
memrph wrote:here is the situation i have next alarm monitored via traditional phone line i would like to go back to voip monitoring, i have the abn adapter. The issue is i work from home my company needs to have the first device off the modem be their juniper device for network security. They have a port, i can use for my personal needs, supposedly this port is completely open(no security) but the alarm panel will not connect if the juniper is connected, first.
if i remove the juniper device it works fine

looking for any ideas
my best idea at this point (after hours of frustration)would be to convince the alarm to just dial out using the ooma line, but haven't turned much up in searches on the topic

nextalarm has been great with trying to help but no success, my employer has been worthless and i have no access to the juniper setup

Memrph,

Check out this topic. It has a section on alarms with some good tips as well as many links to more in-depth discussions and blogs about alarm interfacing to VOIP.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13354