Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93442 by rob
Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:56 pm
I have a telemarketing number I've added to my blacklist. I've set my blacklist to go directly to voice mail. However, this particular number still rings through on my line instead of going to voice mail.

I've noticed they have changed the caller ID name from UNKNOWN to "Anonymous". I'm assuming the call blocking blacklist works only on number. However, does a name change prevent it from being blocked?
#93445 by rob
Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm
Yes, there is a number showing up. I blocked the number as it originally read. It was "UNKOWN" in the name portion. However, now it shows up, same phone number, but as "Anonymous".

It rings through to my line even though the number was blocked.
#95887 by beachboui
Tue May 15, 2012 7:49 pm
I, too, have this problem. I have blacklisted a telemarketing number. But, just today, the blacklisted number got through and rang my phone. I am paying for blacklisting. It's part of the package I purchased when I agreed to pay $10 /mo for the Premier service. If the frickin' blacklisting doesn't work, I want my money back and I will cancel the Premier service package.
#95888 by lbmofo
Tue May 15, 2012 8:22 pm
Call Ooma Support and have them take a look at what might be wrong with your blacklist.

Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST