Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93316 by EX Bell
Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm
I just noticed a discrepancy with the MAC address listed under Account>System on my.ooma.com, where it shows a picture of a Telo and my warranty info, handset PIN, etc. The MAC address shown on my.ooma.com ends in 02, but that's the MAC address of the Home Port on my Telo which I am not using because I have my Telo installed after my router. The MAC Address listed in my Telo setup for Automatic or Built In ends with 03. Is this normal?
#93320 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 am
View Support topic: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/accessi ... b-settings

For an Ooma Telo you can see a possible three MAC or Hardware Addresses (If the Ooma Wi-Fi USB dongle is plugged in); view Ooma Setup>Status page>ports:
1) HOME NETWORK port Hardware Address
2) TO INTERNET port Hardware Address
3) WIRELESS port Hardware Address

The Home Network port is thought of as a router LAN network, is always one MAC Address number or letter lower then the TO Internet port MAC address, which is thought of as the router WAN port. The Wireless port MAC address number/letter is random (but is the same if using the same dongle) because it is the MAC address number/letter that is assigned to the Ooma Wi-Fi dongle.

I think if you or I had designed the Ooma devices, to prevent some confusion that often occurs, we would have assigned the lower number/letter MAC Address to the Internet/Network side (WAN side) of the Ooma device, and placed the Internet/Network side (WAN side) MAC address on the bottom of the Ooma Device label.
Last edited by thunderbird on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#93321 by EX Bell
Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:21 am
OK. Thanks.
Odd in comparison to what I've encountered with other devices.