Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95041 by g_fishe
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:12 pm
EX Bell wrote:I thought the same thing about my Panasonic KX-TG6655S when I first bought it, but then I realized when I actually have a voicemail waiting, the display changes above one of the soft keys and the letters VM show above it when the message waiting light is flashing. When I press this one key, it connects me to voicemail.

When there are no messages waiting, then I have to navigate through the menus as you describe.

I just tested the "message" waiting feature on the KX-TG774X. "New Voice Message" appears in the display and the message indicator flashes on all the handsets, but the soft keys don't change. But then I realized there are a couple of ways to reduce keystrokes:

1. When you enter you ooma number as the voice mail access number on the Panasonic, add a couple of pauses then a couple of "1"'s after the phone number, or

2. Set ooma's Autoplay option to "Yes" and just enter your ooma number as the voice mail access number on the Panasonic.

Option 2 is working great for me! <MENU> <down> <down> <SELECT>
#95072 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Get into Ooma voicemail (call own number from phone connected to Ooma, call from any phone - press * during greeting, enter pin, pick up phone connected to Ooma - press play button) and then from main menu, change settings (2)
change auto play option (5).
#111058 by EX Bell
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 pm
lbmofo wrote:Panasonic KX-TG254SK DECT 6.0 Plus 4-Handset Cordless Phone System with Link-to-Cell $49.99 + $5.00 s/h

http://www.woot.com/offers/panasonic-4- ... -to-cell-6

Condition Factory Reconditioned

Well that was nice of you to point to a Panasonic link, given your feelings about Panasonic phones. :)
#111062 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 pm
EX Bell wrote:Well that was nice of you to point to a Panasonic link, given your feelings about Panasonic phones. :)

My only beef with Panasonic phones are that they are overpriced. Get less with more money. But not when they are on sale although refurb.
#111908 by WJBertrand
Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:18 pm
I dunno. I've bought more attractively priced phones, but I've never had any of them last as long as the Panasonics. I think that's worth a little more. If you can get them on sale or refurbed at a better price, so much the better!