Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92633 by mrbill16
Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 am
Two of my friends who live in Singapore have attempted to call me and receive a message stating that anonymous calls are blocked. I don't receive many calls from overseas, so I don't know if this is the case for calls from other countries. I reside in the USA and have a US phone number associated with my Ooma.

All privacy switches are turned off on the portal page
I have had no problems with calls from US numbers (to the best of my knowledge)
I have called to the numbers in Singapore via Ooma using a calling card with no problem
I have not purchased prepaid minutes for international calling ( this should not affect inbound calls, right?)

I have sent an email to Ooma support in Bangalore, the Philippines, China or wherever, and have received the standard boilerplate response, so I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.
#92667 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm
mrbill16 wrote:Two of my friends who live in Singapore have attempted to call me and receive a message stating that anonymous calls are blocked.

Sounds like your Ooma profile is "confused".
Remove power from your Ooma device for one hour, then repower your Ooma device. Then have someone from Singapore test call you.