Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92353 by dinki
Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 am
Hey guys. I recently started having the robotic voice issue. I was instructed to move the ooma telo between the modem and the router. Now it seems that I can't access a webserver I have running on one of my machines.

Does Ooma have some sort of firewall built into it that is keeping me from accessing the machine(s) in my network? Can this be turned off somehow?
#92356 by murphy
Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:26 am
Ooma is a router. You will have to connect to it's setup page and set up port forwarding.

http://setup.ooma/com

or

http://172.27.35.1
Last edited by murphy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#92359 by dinki
Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:55 am
Oh, one more question. Since moving the telo between the modem and router, I've found that when I power cycle the telo that I lose internet connection on my pc that is connected to the router after the telo. I can only get internet connectivity back by rebooting the computer. I thought that it would pick back up after the telo booted but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Is this normal? The machine is running win7 home 32 bit.
#92360 by murphy
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:01 am
The router gets it's WAN IP address from the Telo.
You may need to reboot the router after the Telo is back up.

Change the DHCP table in the Telo to have the first and last IP address that it can issue to the same address so the router always gets the same IP address. For example 172.27.35.2 for both entries.
#92361 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:12 am
I just got off an Ooma phone call, that during the call(s), I had Robotic voice many, many times, and three disconnects during the call(s). I sent Ooma Support an E-mail with a Cut and Paste of the call history from my Call Loggs.

By the way, this happened with our Ooma connected between the Modem and the Router.
#92363 by dinki
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 am
murphy wrote:The router gets it's WAN IP address from the Telo.
You may need to reboot the router after the Telo is back up.

Change the DHCP table in the Telo to have the first and last IP address that it can issue to the same address so the router always gets the same IP address. For example 172.27.35.2 for both entries.

Hmm. I'll give that a try. It is strange as I was able to get the machine back on the internet without rebooting the router and I didn't have any trouble with other devices connecting although they weren't on when I did the reboot of the telo ..

I think I can set QoS on my router for a given device on the network. I may just end up moving the telo back behind the router but using QoS rules to ensure it gets priority.