Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92144 by davidm
Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 am
I've had Ooma for two years now. This year my taxes went from $11.xx to $4x.xx. I'm not happy about that but it's still a decent deal. But one thing I notice is conflicting information about how I will be billed. Some say the full $4x.xx for the year, others say it will be monthly and I thought someone said quarterly.

But now checking my bank statement I see a pre-auth for $10.00 ? What is this? When I go to billing history I only see a charge from last year. I know it's not Premier because I didn't opt in for that and my service still shows Basic with no add-ons.

How are grandfathered customers getting billed for the fees? I would like to know what to expect. Thanks.
#92150 by davidm
Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:12 am
2spirit wrote:Monthly

Wow. $10 a MONTH in taxes then?! $120 a year? The email they sent me just last month said around $40 a year.

My email states:

How are my taxes and fees changing?
As a customer who purchased Ooma approximately two years ago, you have paid reduced taxes and fees of $11.75 per year. Per our standard terms and conditions, these taxes and fees are subject to change and beginning Jan 21, 2012, your taxes and fees will change to $3.47 per month.

I'm not sure why I see a $10 pre-auth. Hopefully they aren't really going to try to charge me $10 a month. I'll wait a few days and then contact support if it stays $10.
#92151 by murphy
Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:17 am
davidm wrote:

WOAH. $10 a MONTH in taxes?!!?! $120 a year? The email they sent me just last month said around $40!

A pre-authorization is not a charge.
It is a test to see if your card is good.
If it's not followed by a charge in 3 to 5 days it is automatically deleted by the bank.

Wait until the actual charge comes through before you get upset.
#92152 by davidm
Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 am
murphy wrote:
davidm wrote:

WOAH. $10 a MONTH in taxes?!!?! $120 a year? The email they sent me just last month said around $40!

A pre-authorization is not a charge.
It is a test to see if your card is good.
If it's not followed by a charge in 3 to 5 days it is automatically deleted by the bank.

Wait until the actual charge comes through before you get upset.

Will do. You replied before I finished editing. :)
#92433 by dorian55
Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 am
Taxes

I bought my Ooma this last weekend...a few days ago. My taxes were to be 3. 47....as of today I was surprised
to find my taxes went up to 4. and some odd cents. Though I am aware it is a small price to pay I find myself
very uncomfortable with this change and no viable explanation. Also I was told I could not speak to the billing
department.

Also found out my billing cycle is the 2nd of February. I asked about prorate. No answer. If I get jittery about
this I am still under 30 day. When do I get an answer?