Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92085 by gizmomax1
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 am
I've had the Omma Telo for about 2 months now. Over the last couples weeks, it will "cycle" through the voicemail messgaing on its own. It announces "No new messages" over and over for about a half hour then stops.
The Ooma Icon on my Telo turns orange while it does this then back to blue. Other than that issue, the phone works fine however I haven't tried to make any calls when it's doing this. Any ideas on what cause this and how to stop it?
#92089 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 am
gizmomax1 wrote:I've had the Omma Telo for about 2 months now. Over the last couples weeks, it will "cycle" through the voicemail messgaing on its own. It announces "No new messages" over and over for about a half hour then stops.
The Ooma Icon on my Telo turns orange while it does this then back to blue. Other than that issue, the phone works fine however I haven't tried to make any calls when it's doing this. Any ideas on what cause this and how to stop it?

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

If the problem still continues contact Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#92099 by gizmomax1
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:49 am
@Thunderbird,

I shut off the Ooma as suggested for 20 minutes and then booted it up again. The Icon is now flashing RED and I get a busy signal when I check the handset so I can't do the rest that you suggested. Guess I'll be calling Customer service. Thanks for the suggestion though.
#92103 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am
gizmomax1 wrote:@Thunderbird,

I shut off the Ooma as suggested for 20 minutes and then booted it up again. The Icon is now flashing RED and I get a busy signal when I check the handset so I can't do the rest that you suggested. Guess I'll be calling Customer service. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Let us know what Ooma Customer Service says or does. There are more suggestions for the flashing red Ooma symbol problem, so if Customer Service doesn't help, let me know.
#92113 by gizmomax1
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm
Well, I called Customer Support and they suggested that I shut off the Modem, Router and Ooma, then reboot. They said to turn ON the Modem first, Router second then the Ooma. All was good for 15-20 minutes then the beeping along with the "You have no new messages" message starting repeating itself again. The Ooma icon is flashing RED again and the message repeats itself virtually NON-STOP. So I then decided to dial the "*#*#099" to factory reset during a brief lull in the messgaing and I gained a few minutes of peace. Then it started again.

Any more ideas?
#92114 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm
gizmomax1 wrote:Well, I called Customer Support and they suggested that I shut off the Modem, Router and Ooma, then reboot. They said to turn ON the Modem first, Router second then the Ooma. All was good for 15-20 minutes then the beeping along with the "You have no new messages" message starting repeating itself again. The Ooma icon is flashing RED again and the message repeats itself virtually NON-STOP. So I then decided to dial the "*#*#099" to factory reset during a brief lull in the messgaing and I gained a few minutes of peace. Then it started again.

Any more ideas?

The Ooma Telo is probably defective. Since you have only had the Ooma Telo for a couple of months, take it back to the store where you purchased it for an exchange. If you do so, don't use My Ooma to setup the replacement Ooma Telo. Instead call Ooma Customer service with your request. Or you can contact Ooma Customer Service again and tell them what happened and that you want a replacement device. Ooma should send you a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma back. For that one, it will be preprogrammed with your profile. So when you receive the replacement Ooma Telo, all you do is plug it in, and send back the defective device.