Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91829 by browwi
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 am
3-4 times a week at around 7:00 AM Pacific time my telo base station drops off line (red Ooma logo flashing, all blue lights except numbers 1 & 2 off). I have waited as long as ten minutes for things to get back to normal, but no results. I unplug and restore the power, and the telo comes back on line after the usual startup cycling.
#91832 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 am
browwi wrote:3-4 times a week at around 7:00 AM Pacific time my telo base station drops off line (red Ooma logo flashing, all blue lights except numbers 1 & 2 off). I have waited as long as ten minutes for things to get back to normal, but no results. I unplug and restore the power, and the telo comes back on line after the usual startup cycling.

To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

If the above doesn't help do the following:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. You may have to re-register the Ooma Telo handsets, see procedure later in text.

Note: Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.
#91834 by browwi
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 am
Never mind. Its easier to just unplug the telo when the problem happens. I am using wireless LAN to connect from the modem to Ooma and your instructions don't seem to cover that situation.
#91840 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:33 pm
browwi wrote:Never mind. Its easier to just unplug the telo when the problem happens. I am using wireless LAN to connect from the modem to Ooma and your instructions don't seem to cover that situation.

Both procedures can be done with your Wireless Wi-Fi connected Ooma Telo.
#91859 by steveriggsut
Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm
Wanted to jump into the discussion. Thank you Thunderbird for working to help us. Customer care is lacking.

I am in the same boat. Power outage, red flashing light. My set up is, modem>Ooma Telo then to home network. Green light is flashing for ethernet port on back of Telo. Ethernet ports out of modem all work. I do not get internet from Telo out to Home Network into my computer. I am using another ethernet port bypassing ooma in order to be here on the forum.

I have been following this issue from past posts. I cannot access the 172.27.35.1 address. I have plugged and un-plugged ooma several times in hopes of it re-setting itself. Love the service and savings. I started with Ooma just in June, 2011. Would appreciate any help.
#91861 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 am
steveriggsut wrote:Wanted to jump into the discussion. Thank you Thunderbird for working to help us. Customer care is lacking.

I am in the same boat. Power outage, red flashing light. My set up is, modem>Ooma Telo then to home network. Green light is flashing for ethernet port on back of Telo. Ethernet ports out of modem all work. I do not get internet from Telo out to Home Network into my computer. I am using another ethernet port bypassing ooma in order to be here on the forum.

I have been following this issue from past posts. I cannot access the 172.27.35.1 address. I have plugged and un-plugged ooma several times in hopes of it re-setting itself. Love the service and savings. I started with Ooma just in June, 2011. Would appreciate any help.

The following procedure is for a wired Connection from the Modem to the Ooma Telo only.
If you get to the Ooma Telo Red flashing symbol, you should be able to access Ooma Setup. Make sure that there is a network cable connected from the (usually yellow) Modem port, to the Ooma Telo Internet port.
Temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo to the Wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi, If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done booting or will boot as far as it will boot, repower the computer. Hopefully the Ooma symbol will at least be flashing red. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window (for this Firefox seems to work best). The Ooma setup pages should open. Click on the Internet tab. Under Internet Settings, following Connection type:, click on the down arrow. If you are using DSL, you may have to select PPPoE. Then type in the Name and Password (if you don't know the Name & Password, get it from the Internet provider first). If you aren't using DSL, at the down arrow, select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update device for PPPoE or Dynamic (DHCP) selection. Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo, and computer. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done booting, repower the computer.
#91888 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm
steveriggsut wrote:Sorry Thunderbird. I did everything you said, but the Ooma setup page at http://172.27.35.1 did not open once I got to that step. What next?

Next procedure is written for Window XP, other Microsoft operating systems procedures similar.
Sometimes the computer has its wired LAN port setting set to a static IP address. Check your computer by right clicking on the My Network places icon and then left click on Properties. If you can't find it elsewhere, it should be located in Settings>Control Panel. Right click on the Local Area Connection Icon and then left click on Properties. The Local Area Connection window opens. Under "This connection uses the following items:, scroll down to the bottom until you see Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Highlight this line, while making sure that you don't remove the Check mark in the box at the left side. Right below click on the Properties button.
Make sure the settings in the window that opens says Obtain an IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click on Ok at bottom, and click on Ok again at the bottom of the next window. Reboot your computer and with the Ooma device booted to the red flashing Ooma symbol, type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. Next follow procedures in my previous post.

Next if that doesn't work:
Sometimes the Internet/virus software has to be turned off before access to http://172.27.35.1 can be accessed.

Next if that doesn't work:
When the Ooma Telo gets to the red flashing symbol, try this. Click on your computer's Start Menu. In the window that opens, type the word cmd in the blank, and then click on Ok. A dos window opens. Following and to the right of the C:\ prompt and any other thing following the C:\ type ipconfig and hit enter. Writhe down and report what the IP address number is that you see. This would be the IP address that you would use to access Ooma Setup.

At the back of the Ooma Telo where the network cable plugs into the Ooma Telo Internet port, are there two lights, one flashing and the other solid lit? And are there two lights, one flashing and the other solid lit, at the Ooma Telo Home port where the computer network cable plugs in?