Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91721 by RMichelson
Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:29 pm
I have chronic issues on those of my home computers which access the internet via the router... ever since attaching the Ooma Telo to the router. (I can't remember what the problem was when I routed the signal modem-Telo-router, but I do recall there being a need to re-route via modem-router-Telo.) So, ever since then... my wirelessly connected computers frequently lose internet connectivity. Sometimes I'm just rebooting everything 3 or 4 times a day. Aaaaaargh! Anyway, I'm not a techie by any stretch but I wonder if perhaps, by allowing me to disconnect the Telo from the router, the wireless adapter might solve my problem? Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks!
#91727 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm
RMichelson:
Some other things to try.
To make sure that there isn't interference between you Ooma and your router and Cordless phone base, do the following:

Make sure your Ooma device is located at least four feet from your router location, and your cordless phone base location.

Also access your Router and change the Wireless (Wi-Fi) Network Settings>Wireless Channel: from Automatic, to one of the Frequency Channels listed, then test. If you still have problems, change to a different Frequency Channel, and test again.
#91734 by RMichelson
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 pm
Thanks, Thunderbird. The phone base isn't cordless. It's a regular-type desk phone with a line to power and a phone cable to the Ooma. (I do also have an Ooma handset but that's a good 8-10 feet away from everything else.) The phone cord is probably less than 2 feet but I probably have a bazillion longer ones stashed somewhere so I'll put some distance between the desk phone and the Telo. I'll also put as much distance between the Telo and the router as the ethernet cable will allow. Maybe 3 feet?

Unfortunately, I'm not able to locate the router settings that you reference.
#91737 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:30 pm
RMichelson wrote:Thanks, Thunderbird. The phone base isn't cordless. It's a regular-type desk phone with a line to power and a phone cable to the Ooma. (I do also have an Ooma handset but that's a good 8-10 feet away from everything else.) The phone cord is probably less than 2 feet but I probably have a bazillion longer ones stashed somewhere so I'll put some distance between the desk phone and the Telo. I'll also put as much distance between the Telo and the router as the ethernet cable will allow. Maybe 3 feet?

What is the Brand and Model number of your Router?
#91745 by RMichelson
Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm
thunderbird wrote:
RMichelson wrote:Thanks, Thunderbird. The phone base isn't cordless. It's a regular-type desk phone with a line to power and a phone cable to the Ooma. (I do also have an Ooma handset but that's a good 8-10 feet away from everything else.) The phone cord is probably less than 2 feet but I probably have a bazillion longer ones stashed somewhere so I'll put some distance between the desk phone and the Telo. I'll also put as much distance between the Telo and the router as the ethernet cable will allow. Maybe 3 feet?

What is the Brand and Model number of your Router?

Linksys WRT54G