Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91662 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:10 am
jfreedman@snet.net wrote:Although voicemails appear in My Ooma when I look for them on line, the calls that are in voicemail do not appear in the call log. How come?

There seems to be a "bug" in the Voicemail/Call log setup.
I did a little test yesterday Jan 11, 2012. With my Ooma Telo disconnected (unpowered) I called our Ooma home phone number and left a message. The message also didn't appear in the MY Ooma Call Logs.

I called our Ooma home phone number today Jan 12, 2012, with the Ooma connected, but just didn't answer the call, and it went into immediately into the call log. Also the previous test Jan 11, 2012 call appeared in the call log at the same time.

I then called our Ooma home phone number today Jan 12, 2012, with the Ooma disconnected. The call appeared in the Dashboard, and the Voicemail / INBOX, but not in the call logs.

So it appears that if the Ooma Telo is unpowered when a call is received using my Ooma home phone system, the call log doesn't record the inbound call. (Today I couldn't do anything to make the first Jan 12, 2012 Ooma unpowered call to appear in the Call log).

Maybe someone else can do the same tests and see if the results are the same, or different and report your results here?
#91666 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 am
Call detail records (call logs) are uploaded from Ooma device to Ooma central. Hence, if Ooma device is offline, call logs would not register. But if someone leaves a message while your Ooma is offline, then you'd get the VM (deposited to Ooma central).
#91668 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am
lbmofo wrote:Call detail records (call logs) are uploaded from Ooma device to Ooma central. Hence, if Ooma device is offline, call logs would not register. But if someone leaves a message while your Ooma is offline, then you'd get the VM (deposited to Ooma central).

Ibmofo are you saying that the Call Logs information is not stored in the Ooma Servers, but is instead stored in my Ooma Telo?
#91670 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 am
thunderbird wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Call detail records (call logs) are uploaded from Ooma device to Ooma central. Hence, if Ooma device is offline, call logs would not register. But if someone leaves a message while your Ooma is offline, then you'd get the VM (deposited to Ooma central).

Ibmofo are you saying that the Call Logs information is not stored in the Ooma Servers, but is instead stored in my Ooma Telo?

I might be interpreting this wrong but it seems CDRs are written to Ooma CDR servers by the Ooma device. One other reason I think this way is because Ooma device writes to call logs the bluetooth xferred calls. We could do a real quick test to see if bringing Ooma device offline would keep the call logs going.

Tom B wrote:CDR = call detail record (or call log)
pending CDR = a CDR for a call (in- or outbound) still residing on the ooma and not accepted by the CDR server

Rebooting will delete any pending CDRs. If this is not a concern reboot and you will start receiving CDRs immediately
again. However if this is a concern do not reboot but send an email to support instead and they will make it so CDRs
work again and fix the pending CDRs.

In upgrading our call log server some weeks ago a bug was introduced which causes it to reject certain CDRs.
A fix for this is being rolled out this week. Unfortunately there was a delay in releasing this because of an additional
required fix that prevents duplicate CDRs. Pending CDRs may continue to happen until this maintenance is complete.
#91672 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 am
lbmofo I had forgoten about the Tom B "bug" post, that you posted previous to this post. I think that everything happens (or should happen or will happen after the "bug" fix) in the Ooma servers. It will be instresting to test again and see how it works after the server "bug fix" update.

PS: I've been painting our kitchen ceiling, walls and refinishing the woodwork. With all of the paint fumes, I could forget anything. :)