Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91483 by oldebondo
Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:43 pm
I have been using my Ooma for 20 months using the configuration: Modem >> Ooma >> Router. Using the Ooma has always cut out internet on my wireless router when I make a call. In an attempt to resolve this, I rebooted my Modem, Ooma and Router in that order per a recommendation in one of postings I found in these Forums. I have not been able to get the unit to successfully reboot. A couple of times it rebooted showing a flashing RED Ooma logo. As I continued to reboot, the unit now will only show 1 & 2 lights steady blue - no other lights - no other activity. The DSL Modem shows a successful sync upon boot-up and the "To Internet" port on the Ooma shows a steady Green light and a blinking Yellow light. How do I get this Ooma to come up?
#91485 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 pm
oldebondo wrote:I have been using my Ooma for 20 months using the configuration: Modem >> Ooma >> Router. Using the Ooma has always cut out internet on my wireless router when I make a call. In an attempt to resolve this, I rebooted my Modem, Ooma and Router in that order per a recommendation in one of postings I found in these Forums. I have not been able to get the unit to successfully reboot. A couple of times it rebooted showing a flashing RED Ooma logo. As I continued to reboot, the unit now will only show 1 & 2 lights steady blue - no other lights - no other activity. The DSL Modem shows a successful sync upon boot-up and the "To Internet" port on the Ooma shows a steady Green light and a blinking Yellow light. How do I get this Ooma to come up?

If when you first power the Ooma Telo it only boots to the Steady Blue Line 1 & 2 lights, it means that the boot loader is stuck. This is bad news and there is not much hope.

But first I will give you some things to try.

Remove power from the Ooma Telo.
Disconnect the Network cables going to the Internet port and Home port, and the phone line(S) from the Ooma Telo.

Repower the Ooma Telo and see if it will boot past the Steady Blue Line 1 & 2 lights. If it boots past the Steady Blue Line 1 & 2 lights, let it boot as far as it will boot, hopefully to the Red flashing Ooma symbol.

If you get to the Red flashing Ooma symbol, with power still on, connect your setup, Modem-Router-Ooma.

Temporarily connect a computer's wired LAN port, to the Ooma Telo's Home port. If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer. Reboot the computer.

Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma setup pages should open. Click on the Internet tab. At connection type: Click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update at bottom of the page.

Remove power from your Modem, Router, and the Ooma Telo. Repower your Modem. Re-power you your Router when the Modem is done booting. When the Router has finished booting, Re-power the Ooma Telo.
#91486 by oldebondo
Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm
Thank you Thunderbird for the glimmer of hope.

Unfortunately, disconnecting the cables did not get the Telo to boot up.

Who at Ooma might feel bad enough to replace an out-of-warranty unit that failed for no apparent reason?
#91487 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:29 pm
All long shots, but...
With the connection Modem-Router-Ooma, do this a couple of times:
Remove power from your Modem, Router, and the Ooma Telo. Repower your Modem. Re-power you your Router when the Modem is done booting. When the Router has finished booting, Re-power the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn’t work, remove power from the Ooma Telo over night and try again tomorrow, using the Modem-Router-Ooma connection.

If that doesn’t work, if you have the time, connect Modem-Ooma and let the Ooma device boot as far as it will go. Just let it sit for a more then a day or two. I recall one person did this and the Ooma Telo woke up by itself.