Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#90920 by kargo27
Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm
I have my Ooma Telo wired, behind the router I think (ISP>Modem>Router>Ooma and all other devices).

So, I'm just trying to access the user interface but I cannot make it work.

I looked for the static IP address I have the router give my devices. Under the mac address xx:xx:xx:xx:c9 I have the ip address as 192.168.1.120

But if I type that IP into a browser tab nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the mac address label under the Telo actually says c8 as the last set of alphanumerics but it comes up as c9 on the actual address. All other alphanumerics in the series are correct. The label is wrong.
#90921 by murphy
Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 pm
The label is not wrong. That is the MAC address of the Home port.
The MAC address of the Internet port is one higher than the label.

Connect to

http://172.27.35.1

to get to the setup page inside of the Telo.
#90923 by kargo27
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 pm
Ah, thanks for clearing up the label question!

I can't get the UI even with that address. I restarted the router. I'll restart the Telo and give it a go again.

Edit: I rebooted the Telo and still can't access the UI. I previously had it set up for wireless but had fax issues so I tried it wired again.
#90924 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 pm
Modem-Router-Ooma configuration Ooma Setup Port Forwarding

To allow access to Ooma Setup from a computer connected to a router’s LAN ports do the following:

Note: An IP address must be reserved with a permanent lease, in your Router for your Ooma device. If your router isn’t capable of reserving an IP address, a static IP address can be setup in the Ooma Setup pages. The Ooma Setup IP address instructions are located in this page below Port Forwarding instructions.

Access Ooma Setup by temporarily connecting a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma device to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http:172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens.
Click on the Advanced tab at the left side of window.
Go to the bottom of the page to Port Forwaring.

Click on Add New Rule.

In the Start Port: box add 80.
In the End Port: box leave blank.
Type: is TCP. Forward to IP address: add 172.27.35.1 in the boxes.
Forward to Port: leave blank.

Click on Add Rule.

Reboot per the instructions at the end of these procedures, or if you are going to Add Static IP address to Ooma Device, continue with that procedure before rebooting.

Adding Static IP address to Ooma Device.

In Ooma Setup Click on Status tab. Under Device Status, then Network, then
To Internet Port:, record the IP address that is located to the right of To Internet Port.
Next click on Internet for Ooma Telo or Network for Hub at left side of window.
After Connection type: click on the down arrow and select Static IP Address.
Next go down to Static IP Address Options:
IP Address: add the IP address you recorded in previous steps.
Netmask: is 255.255.255.0
DNS Server 1 and Router Address will be the first three blocks of numbers of the IP address that you recorded earlier, with a 1 in the last box.
DNS Server 2, leave blank.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on Update Device.

Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

To access Ooma Setup after a permanent IP address and Port Forwarding has been accomplished for your Ooma device; with a computer connected to one of your Router LAN ports or Router Wi-Fi, type http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in the computer browser window. (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP number that you assigned the permanent IP address for your Ooma device. The Ooma Setup pages opens.

Note: With a Modem-Router-Ooma setup, normally nothing is connected to the Ooma device Home port. This is because of file sharing and network printing problems, when there are network printers and other computers connected to the Router's LAN ports.