Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#97317 by DawnW
Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:04 pm
Ok, I finally got it to connect from modem-ooma-router.

Now I have a couple more questions (which may need their own topic, but I will start by asking here).

1. I have an Apple Time Machine router. It is supposed to have a green light when on. However, when set up M-O-R, it just flashes orange. It still WORKS and goes online, but it won't go to green. Any way to get it to go to green?

I am currently streaming and haven't hit the "10 minute freeze" mark yet, but will edit this when I do. So far it is working.

2. I was able to go to the link and look at my page. It says I have version 52474. Is this the firmware? Is it up to date? I didn't see a place on that page to update firmware.

Thank you.

Dawn
#97318 by murphy
Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 pm
DawnW wrote:Ok, I finally got it to connect from modem-ooma-router.

Now I have a couple more questions (which may need their own topic, but I will start by asking here).

1. I have an Apple Time Machine router. It is supposed to have a green light when on. However, when set up M-O-R, it just flashes orange. It still WORKS and goes online, but it won't go to green. Any way to get it to go to green?

I am currently streaming and haven't hit the "10 minute freeze" mark yet, but will edit this when I do. So far it is working.

2. I was able to go to the link and look at my page. It says I have version 52474. Is this the firmware? Is it up to date? I didn't see a place on that page to update firmware.

Thank you.

Dawn

I've never seen one of those routers but I think it is complaining about double NAT.
See if it has an option to disable the double NAT complaint.

52474 is the current production release firmware.
#97319 by thunderbird
Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm
DawnW:
From the Internet:
If everything is working fine, then you can just ignor the flashing yellow light. A double NAT condition is probably being detected, which isn't a problem.

Also if you run the AirPort Utility, it will show an amber circle on the summary page next to the area(s) causing the problem. Click on this amber circle and it should provide an explanation.

Also see:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11474&p=81709&hilit=Airport+flashing+yellow+light#p81709

Also go here to see latest Ooma Telo Firmware version:
(You have the latest Ooma Telo Firmware version)
viewforum.php?f=10
#97382 by DawnW
Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:01 am
Thank you very much. I think I have it fixed now. The light is green.

I have some other issues now.....like not being able to hear my voicemail on the telo itself, but I can call in and hear it through my phone so it isn't a huge deal. I can also hear it online.

Questions about firmware updates......

1. I don't need to do anything to get them, right? They update automatically?

2. How do I know if I have the latest update? Is there a way to find out?
#97388 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 am
DawnW wrote:Thank you very much. I think I have it fixed now. The light is green.

I have some other issues now.....like not being able to hear my voicemail on the telo itself, but I can call in and hear it through my phone so it isn't a huge deal. I can also hear it online.

Can you hear any sounds when you press any of the key on the face of the Ooma Telo?
Press the Speaker Icon on the left upper row of Icon on the face of the Ooma Telo for Ooma Telo volume control.

DawnW wrote:Questions about firmware updates......

You are correct.

DawnW wrote:2. How do I know if I have the latest update? Is there a way to find out?

Look here for the latest firmware update number.
viewforum.php?f=10

Dial *#*#001 Speak the version of software that is installed in your Ooma Telo, or go to Ooma Setup to find Firmware version.
#97428 by DawnW
Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm
Oh good grief. You are correct, the sound was too low. It is fixed now.

Firmware says version 52474. I don't see that as one of the updates but maybe it just isn't listed.

Dawn

thunderbird wrote:
DawnW wrote:Thank you very much. I think I have it fixed now. The light is green.

Can you hear any sounds when you press any of the key on the face of the Ooma Telo?
Press the Speaker Icon on the left upper row of Icon on the face of the Ooma Telo for Ooma Telo volume control.

DawnW wrote:Questions about firmware updates......

You are correct.

DawnW wrote:2. How do I know if I have the latest update? Is there a way to find out?

Look here for the latest firmware update number.
viewforum.php?f=10

Dial *#*#001 Speak the version of software that is installed in your Ooma Telo, or go to Ooma Setup to find Firmware version.
#97782 by BigDaddyZ
Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:52 pm
I own a Mac Pro running Lion (OS X), and I just got my Ooma up and running. The problem was that my Airport Extreme Base Station was selected as my router. The Tech support guys at my ISP helped me choose my modem as my router rather than my Airport Extreme. Everything works perfectly now. Hope this helps.