Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#97040 by DawnW
Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 am
Well, it isn't working that way here.

We don't have the option of FIOS where we live. We have Time Warner Cable and that is our only option.

We do have Roku boxes and several computers, only one on Lion though.

Gurdick wrote:I am running 2 iMac's and 2 iPad's, the iMac's are running Lion. Also have a Roku and WD Live Media Hub doing streaming video. My setup is Modem - Router - Ooma. No problems live streaming or with voice quality. I am running FIOS 25/25. Both computers, the Roku and the WD Live are wired to the router. Wi-Fi definitely decreases over distance.
#97041 by DawnW
Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:36 am
Thank you! I will try it in a bit and report back.

Dawn

thunderbird wrote:
DawnW wrote:Just bumping. I finally just unplugged it completely.

I get my messages online but just use my cell most of the time and upped my minutes with the cell company.

We just couldn't get it to work.

We plug everything into the router. Modem to router, then computers to router and ooma to router. We don't pass through the router the way Ooma suggests. It never worked well that way.

We also upgraded our router this week and I was hopeful that maybe that would work better, but it doesn't seem to. :cry:

Dawn

First connect Modem-Router-Ooma:
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device.
Next Click on the Advanced tab. Under Quality of Service set both the Upstream Internet speed and Down Stream Internet speed to Zero. Click on Update.
Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.
#97046 by DawnW
Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 am
So far I can't even get to the site. It just keeps "timing out."

Yesterday I got 5 calls on my Ooma and 4 messages. NONE of them showed up on the phone handset or the Ooma device. I found them all online at My Ooma.

Obviously something is wrong.
#97049 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am
DawnW wrote:So far I can't even get to the site. It just keeps "timing out."

Yesterday I got 5 calls on my Ooma and 4 messages. NONE of them showed up on the phone handset or the Ooma device. I found them all online at My Ooma.

First, make sure your iMac operating system has all of the latest updates installed. Next temporarily disconnect your iMac.

Next remove power from the Modem, Ooma, and Router. Connect Modem-Router-Ooma. Repower the Modem. After the Modem finishes booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. Make sure the Ooma Telo symbol is Blue. If the Ooma Telo symbol isn't blue, report it here. With just one phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port, listen and see if you can hear the Ooma phone dial tone.

Next try to access Ooma Setup with a computer temporarily connected to the Ooma Telo's Home port using a network cable form the Ooma Telo's Home port, to the wired LAN port of the computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer after connecting the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computger browser window. Make the changes perviously suggested in this thread. If you still can't access Ooma Setup, try a different browser.
#97065 by Gurdick
Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:00 pm
DawnW wrote:Well, it isn't working that way here.

We don't have the option of FIOS where we live. We have Time Warner Cable and that is our only option.

Gurdick wrote:I am running 2 iMac's and 2 iPad's, the iMac's are running Lion. Also have a Roku and WD Live Media Hub doing streaming video. My setup is Modem - Router - Ooma. No problems live streaming or with voice quality. I am running FIOS 25/25. Both computers, the Roku and the WD Live are wired to the router. Wi-Fi definitely decreases over distance.

Sorry, I was just responding to the title of your thread. Good Luck.
#97074 by DawnW
Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 am
Thank you. Apple computer is up to date.

I still can't get to the Ooma update website. I have tried Safari and Firefox now.....will try something else later if I can't get either to work at all.

Dawn

thunderbird wrote:
DawnW wrote:So far I can't even get to the site. It just keeps "timing out."

First, make sure your iMac operating system has all of the latest updates installed. Next temporarily disconnect your iMac.

Next remove power from the Modem, Ooma, and Router. Connect Modem-Router-Ooma. Repower the Modem. After the Modem finishes booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. Make sure the Ooma Telo symbol is Blue. If the Ooma Telo symbol isn't blue, report it here. With just one phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port, listen and see if you can hear the Ooma phone dial tone.

Next try to access Ooma Setup with a computer temporarily connected to the Ooma Telo's Home port using a network cable form the Ooma Telo's Home port, to the wired LAN port of the computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer after connecting the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computger browser window. Make the changes perviously suggested in this thread. If you still can't access Ooma Setup, try a different browser.
#97075 by DawnW
Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am
Yeah, I know......I just hate that we have no choices. We moved from a larger city that had every option under the sun to a suburb of this smaller city and we have no options.

It stinks.

Gurdick wrote:
DawnW wrote:Well, it isn't working that way here.

Sorry, I was just responding to the title of your thread. Good Luck.
#97177 by DawnW
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 am
Yes. I can actually use my Ooma phone. What I can't do is watch any video content on the computer while the phone is plugged in.

I also notice that if I am on the Ooma phone, the computer lags significantly.

I also cannot get to the http://172.27.35.1/ and have tried several times in the last couple of days. It just keeps saying timed out or the server isn't responding.

There just seems to be something with Ooma and my computer that makes them not play nicely together.

It doesn't seem to matter if the computer is on wifi or plugged directly into the router either.

Dawn