Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#7663 by jmassimilla
Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:44 am
Just a chronology of my porting experience: Faxed LOA and bill on 2/9, was emailed receipt of LOA on 2/16, received email of my port completion date (3/6) on 3/5, received another email on 3/6 stating that the port was complete, received email from Vonage on 3/9 stating that my account was closed. There was no interruption of service whatsoever. After @3 weeks (before the actual port date), I called CS about my name not appearing on my outgoing caller id on either of my numbers and it was taken care of in 2 days. My name started showing up on my ported number immediately after the port. Been smooth sailing ever since.
#7681 by number9
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 am
I'm not seeing a disaster here.
ooma did the job they were asked to do with the port request. Would you rather it take longer with constant updates, or more efficiently and quicker with fewer updates?
It took 3 months *yep, 3 with capital 3* for my port to complete. Because AT&Fee held things up.
No need to get angry just let them do the job.
#7686 by jmassimilla
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 am
I'm sure that it was frustrating. The timing of the outage didn't help either. I remember the nightmares I went through 3 years ago porting from Verizon to Voicewing (another Verizon entity, no less). Those people didn't care one bit and they showed it through the entire process. It took me 3 months to get it all straightened out. One thing I have noticed about this company is that they do care. They may be slow on the communication but I really think that is largely from being overwhelmed by growth. I am fully confident that it will get better. There are so many examples on these forums of them going the extra mile for people, which is highly unusual in this day and age. With this under your belt, I hope you have smooth sailing the rest of the way.
c_koby wrote:My port finally went through. OOMA could have saved me a lot of aggravation and themselves a lot of valuable telephone support time if they had simply sent me some emails letting me know what is going on. Like I said above, all I wanted was to be kept informed. I'm sure that is what most others want when there is a problem.
#7713 by Pandora
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 pm
I've been waiting for about a month for my port. I called yesterday, and the port isn't yet approved.

I anticipate after approval it will take another 2 weeks or so.

I'm not very upset, concerned, or angry about the length of time my port is taking.

It seems many expect a port in a few days. I don't understand why so many get so upset when a move isn't almost instant.
#7720 by buzzman
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm
In my case, I was never notified by Ooma that my porting request was rejected by my current carrier. After calling back then I realized the porting has been rejected. I just sent my LOA again and hopefully I'll hear something back from Ooma soon.

I think being patience certainly helps, but it'd be nice if Ooma can inform us proactively about our porting situations instead of leaving us wondered.

Pandora wrote:I've been waiting for about a month for my port. I called yesterday, and the port isn't yet approved.

I anticipate after approval it will take another 2 weeks or so.

I'm not very upset, concerned, or angry about the length of time my port is taking.

It seems many expect a port in a few days. I don't understand why so many get so upset when a move isn't almost instant.
#7741 by c_koby
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:11 pm
I didn't get upset with the porting process until I was told by the OOMA telephone support woman that I might loose the number I was having ported. Even after being bumped up to the supervisor and told that my number being ported was safe, there was still that element of doubt that had been planted that kept me expecting the worst.

I agree that the timing of the outages didn't help matters, and I further agree that OOMA performed in a timely manner, considering the problems they had this week. I do think, however, that they could establish a system to keep the customer better informed of the status of the port, and whether there is any problem.
#7749 by frenchcamp49er
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 pm
I finally got the port thru, I had to call CS, took about ten minutes. Now I can cancel AT&T !!!!
#7792 by buzzman
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:40 am
May I know why you had to call CS to get the port through? Sorry, but I'm getting antsy (and worried) about my port request.

frenchcamp49er wrote:I finally got the port thru, I had to call CS, took about ten minutes. Now I can cancel AT&T !!!!
#7821 by frenchcamp49er
Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 am
buzzman wrote:May I know why you had to call CS to get the port through? Sorry, but I'm getting antsy (and worried) about my port request.

frenchcamp49er wrote:I finally got the port thru, I had to call CS, took about ten minutes. Now I can cancel AT&T !!!!

It was supposed to be ported on the 14th, I could not wait any longer,
and wanted to know what the problem was.
#7883 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 pm
[quote]...May I know why you had to call CS to get the port through..? [quote]

I remember reading that if you have overdue or other billing issues, the landline company will hold up the port