Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#90438 by surfingpl
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 pm
I have $11.73 in prepaid balance. When we try to make an international call, we get a message saying our prepaid account balance is zero and we need to add funds at my ooma. If I go to my ooma I can see the account balance of $11.73. I have exchanged several emails and chat with Ooma "support" (they verify that I have $11.73 balance) and I have completed all of the tasks they suggest - including reporting bandwith, ping, jitter, packet loss, hooking up to the hub and changing advanced settings, and rebooting multiple times. None of this fixes the problem.

Domestic calling works perfectly. We have been using international calling without problems for a couple of years. Nothing has changed in our setup from two weeks ago when intl calling worked fine. I have searched the forums, and I can see that other users have reported the same problem in the past, but I cannot find how the problem was ultimately resolved. Can anybody offer a suggestion? Thanks in advance!
#90460 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 am
surfingpl wrote:I have $11.73 in prepaid balance. When we try to make an international call, we get a message saying our prepaid account balance is zero and we need to add funds at my ooma. If I go to my ooma I can see the account balance of $11.73. I have exchanged several emails and chat with Ooma "support" (they verify that I have $11.73 balance) and I have completed all of the tasks they suggest - including reporting bandwith, ping, jitter, packet loss, hooking up to the hub and changing advanced settings, and rebooting multiple times. None of this fixes the problem.

Domestic calling works perfectly. We have been using international calling without problems for a couple of years. Nothing has changed in our setup from two weeks ago when intl calling worked fine. I have searched the forums, and I can see that other users have reported the same problem in the past, but I cannot find how the problem was ultimately resolved. Can anybody offer a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test. Try this procedure up to three time in a row. Lately this procedure has worked for several My Ooma problems.
#90514 by surfingpl
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:34 am
FYI, I tried this idea and it did not work. I am being asked by Ooma support:

"Please collate at least 4 call samples. We need the time and date (with time zone) when you've tried to call them. With this information, we can check if those calls had routed properly. Please also provide the exact description of what had happened to each calls."

In the meantime we are buying a prepaid calling card
#90520 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 am
surfingpl wrote:FYI, I tried this idea and it did not work. I am being asked by Ooma support:

"Please collate at least 4 call samples. We need the time and date (with time zone) when you've tried to call them. With this information, we can check if those calls had routed properly. Please also provide the exact description of what had happened to each calls."

In the meantime we are buying a prepaid calling card

I go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/call_logs and cut and paste the information requested into the E-mail.

Ooma likes recent call attempt information, so I would attempt to make a few International calls, then cut and paste that information from the My Ooma call log, into the E-mail with text describing the voice messages you heard while attempting to make the International calls.