Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#90386 by simmonds5
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm
Is there anything I need to know? I am changing from one DSL company to ATT Uverse. I know I will get a new modem, but is there anything else I need to do other than plug it in?
#90388 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 pm
If u are plugging in phone(s) to the Ooma and not using house wiring, no need to worry about anything; stick with same setup as before. Only thing changing is the modem.
#90392 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:40 pm
simmonds5 wrote:Is there anything I need to know? I am changing from one DSL company to ATT Uverse. I know I will get a new modem, but is there anything else I need to do other than plug it in?

You may have to also do a factory reset of the Ooma Telo if the Ooma Telo doesn't connect to the new Internet provider Modem right a way. Procedure follows:

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. When the Ooma Telo goes into the Boot Sequence, unplug the network cable going to the Ooma Telo Internet port. This should prevent the Ooma Telo from reloading the old Internet provider DSL connection information.

Things you may want to do:
If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. You may have to re-register the Ooma Telo handsets, see procedure later in text.

Note: Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.