Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#90034 by rwrogers11
Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:04 pm
I have a router behind a router at my house, and the ooma is plugged into the second router. I've tried moving it to the 1st router but it won't get an IP address from it. I even tried plugging it into a third router just to test and it won't get an IP from it. It seems that it will only get an IP from the orignial router that I had it plugged into.

Thanks,

Richard
#90039 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:41 pm
rwrogers11 wrote:I have a router behind a router at my house, and the ooma is plugged into the second router. I've tried moving it to the 1st router but it won't get an IP address from it. I even tried plugging it into a third router just to test and it won't get an IP from it. It seems that it will only get an IP from the orignial router that I had it plugged into.

Thanks,

Richard

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

Optional: When the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, unplug the Internet cable going to the Ooma Telo Internet port. This should prevent the Ooma Telo from re-acquiring the Modem information, which may be preventing the Router LAN-Ooma connection.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.