Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89744 by Greeker68
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 pm
Can I call home to my second ooma phone number (line) using ooma mobile with my primary number?

I am a premiere user and have 2 phone numbers.

Just curious if this wold work.

#89746 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 pm
You can call either one using the app. App calls to any Ooma number is free; doesn't even eat into your 250 free minutes/month that premier folks get.
#89756 by Greeker68
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:05 pm
lbmofo wrote:You can call either one using the app. App calls to any Ooma number is free; doesn't even eat into your 250 free minutes/month that premier folks get.

Let me see if I understand you...I can call from ooma mobile using my primary phone number and dail that same number and it will ring and answer at my home?

I wouldn't have expected that to work, that's great if that is the case.

Are you speaking from experience?
#89757 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm
Greeker68 wrote:
lbmofo wrote:You can call either one using the app. App calls to any Ooma number is free; doesn't even eat into your 250 free minutes/month that premier folks get.

Let me see if I understand you...I can call from ooma mobile using my primary phone number and dail that same number and it will ring and answer at my home?

I wouldn't have expected that to work, that's great if that is the case.

Are you speaking from experience?

Yes, it works. Ooma made a decision that it would be most useful to be able to call home (for overeas traveler for example using wifi, call home for free).
#89758 by Greeker68
Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:18 pm
That's great, wish Ooma would put that info in the FAQ section for the mobile app!

Going to give the mobile app a try next week ...One more thing will it work in reverse, say calling from home to mobile, assuming it would?