Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89664 by oomacustomer4
Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:45 am
Has anyone else been getting half to one full rings from 216-785-2140? My parents and I are both separate customers of Ooma, and we have been getting these. Two calls happen within minutes of each other. The last 2 were at 4:45 am this morning! I feel it must be somehow related to Ooma, since we both are getting these. I already sent an email to Ooma CS, but I wanted to see if anyone else is getting them.
#89674 by oomacustomer4
Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 am
murphy wrote:Google the number. There are many complaints about the number.

I did, thanks. I didn't find anything about where it is from, though. The only thing about it (other than the same experiences I have had) is that if you call it back, you get a fast busy signal. Were you able to find anything else?
#89681 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 pm
I didn't get any calls from these folks yet but I've added it to my blacklist now.

Generally, if you find "who calls me from xxx-xxx-xxxx" type of hits when Googling the number in question, it isn't related to Ooma but rather a widespread spammer creating havoc with everyone.
#89682 by rwinnike
Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:36 pm
I got 3 calls from this number today minutes apart on my relatively new (and unlisted) Ooma number. The number appears to be from Cleveland, OH, and don't know from whom but several complaints have been registered. This is a very suspicious caller that generally rings once. The caller ID, +12167852140, is also suspicious and the +1 makes me wonder if it originates internationally, (with a fake Cleveland source) since people in the US generally don't use the +1 prefix.
#89694 by oomacustomer4
Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:24 pm
Thanks, everyone. Ooma has added it to their community blacklist, but it will not help the non-Premier customers. If you have gotten these calls, PLEASE report it to the Do Not Call people at https://complaints.donotcall.gov/compla ... px?panel=2 . I noticed the complaints online about it are increasing, so we should be able to get something done if we all report it. Thanks!
#92526 by flebel
Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm
I have just started to get these and I am starting to really think it`s ooma related.

It is not my ooma but my cell number which rings every half an hour. I have added my cell number in ooma setup. Almost everyone who gets these calls are on ooma and I just started to use them one month ago. There is too much of a coincidence.

This is really frustrating. Come on ooma, answer this board. You guys are in the phone business, can't you do a little tracing or investigation about this number? I don't think it would be hard to find out where it comes from.

You have my email in my system so disconnect me from this crap !!
#92527 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm
flebel wrote:I have just started to get these and I am starting to really think it`s ooma related.

It is not my ooma but my cell number which rings every half an hour. I have added my cell number in ooma setup. Almost everyone who gets these calls are on ooma and I just started to use them one month ago. There is too much of a coincidence.

This is really frustrating. Come on ooma, answer this board. You guys are in the phone business, can't you do a little tracing or investigation about this number? I don't think it would be hard to find out where it comes from.

You have my email in my system so disconnect me from this crap !!

Don't listen to that disgruntled Ooma user on the internet http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/2167852140
It isn't Ooma. My girl/boy's cell phone has been getting hit with spam calls and spam texts recently (on and off); no commercial entity knows their numbers. Just luck of the draw.