Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89625 by lonelydragon757
Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 am
I am attempting to setup port forwarding for my network printer. I have my setup my Telo as my routing device. internet->Modem->Telo(ooma)->switches.... my question. I go into advance settings and setup port forwarding.. setup like 4 rules and even click update... I go go back an hour later. or something... and all the settings are GONE... I've done this about 4 times now... I had been reseting the modem and ooma for a different reason. but I would assume those settings should be saved? argh. ONCE, one of the lines saved for a one reboot. but then it disappeared... WHY??? I have not even had a chance to test to see if the port forwarding has worked yet or not. just frustrating...!!!!
#89628 by murphy
Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:22 am
There is a difference between power cycling the Telo and resetting the Telo.
Resetting the Telo clears out all customization settings and returns it to factory condition.
Power cycling the Telo does not affect the customized settings.

Are you doing a save after creating each rule?

I have one rule in my Telo that has been there for at least a year.
#89630 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 am
lonelydragon757 wrote:I am attempting to setup port forwarding for my network printer. I have my setup my Telo as my routing device. internet->Modem->Telo(ooma)->switches.... my question. I go into advance settings and setup port forwarding.. setup like 4 rules and even click update... I go go back an hour later. or something... and all the settings are GONE... I've done this about 4 times now... I had been reseting the modem and ooma for a different reason. but I would assume those settings should be saved? argh. ONCE, one of the lines saved for a one reboot. but then it disappeared... WHY??? I have not even had a chance to test to see if the port forwarding has worked yet or not. just frustrating...!!!!

I have had this problem in the past also. I have found that in Ooma Setup, Advanced page, after creating my Port forward rule(s), after clicking on Save, Click on Update also, located above the words Port Forwarding, has helped me.