Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89504 by SamNTamara
Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:30 pm
On the main number on my account there is a range of local phone numbers 913.721.xxxx that do not ring my phone. Anyone calling from that range does not go to voicemail, does not get a block message, etc it just rings eternally. They can call my secondary number fine. AT&T claims that I am blocking that range, but it does not appear in my black list and they can call my secondary number fine. Any suggestions what I can do to resolve this?
#89505 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 pm
SamNTamara wrote:On the main number on my account there is a range of local phone numbers 913.721.xxxx that do not ring my phone. Anyone calling from that range does not go to voicemail, does not get a block message, etc it just rings eternally. They can call my secondary number fine. AT&T claims that I am blocking that range, but it does not appear in my black list and they can call my secondary number fine. Any suggestions what I can do to resolve this?

Test to see if Ooma Blacklists are somehow blocking the numbes you menioned:
Go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/blacklists and temporarily Uncheck "Enable community blacklist" and "Enable personal blacklist" check boxes. Then click on Save at the bottom of the page.

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device.

Next have someone call you from one of the blocked number(s) range and see if the call goes through.

Next if that didn't work, you will have to take a two pronged approch to this problem.
Most often when this happens, your Ooma number is not entered correctly, or entered at all in some phone company data base.

If you did the test above, and the calls don't come through, contact Ooma Customer Support providing the Date, Time, and Phone number of the caller that is trying to call you.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

You will probably have the most success with this suggestion:
Also, don't call the other phone provider, but have the person or people that are try to call you, contact their phone company and tell them that they can't get through to a known working phone number (Your Ooma Phone Number).

Last if you still can't get your Line 1 inbound call to function properly:
If your Line 1 number doesn't mean anything to you, have Ooma replace the Line 1 number with the Line 2 number that works okay. Then have them issue you another new Line 2 number.