Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89369 by ergvancouver
Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:33 pm
We are having an issue with our Telo that is driving us nuts. First, we are using both Panasonic cordless phones as well as 4 Telo handsets. The issue is when we are on a call and a second call comes in. The first call gets cut off (line appears dead) and the second call cannot be picked up (also appears dead). The "2" light remains lit on the Telo base until the Telo base is power-reset and both lines are dead until that is done.

So, three questions: 1) Any ideas on the above, or 2) How can we disable or block the 2nd line, and 3) Where is the "FLASH" button on the telo handset?

Thanks for any help, before these handsets find their way through some sheetrock!

Gene
#89372 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:03 pm
ergvancouver wrote:We are having an issue with our Telo that is driving us nuts. First, we are using both Panasonic cordless phones as well as 4 Telo handsets. The issue is when we are on a call and a second call comes in. The first call gets cut off (line appears dead) and the second call cannot be picked up (also appears dead). The "2" light remains lit on the Telo base until the Telo base is power-reset and both lines are dead until that is done.

So, three questions: 1) Any ideas on the above, or 2) How can we disable or block the 2nd line, and 3) Where is the "FLASH" button on the telo handset?

Thanks for any help, before these handsets find their way through some sheetrock!

Gene

Press the Green phone symbol to switch lines, on the Ooma Telo Handsets.
#89373 by ergvancouver
Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:26 pm
Thanks for the reply. Why does the 2nd incoming call make the first go dead? What if you simply want to ignore the 2nd call? There should be a graceful way out of this besides having to reboot the Ooma.

Is there a way to disable the 2nd line completely?

Thanks again!
#89375 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:07 pm
ergvancouver wrote:Thanks for the reply. Why does the 2nd incoming call make the first go dead? What if you simply want to ignore the 2nd call? There should be a graceful way out of this besides having to reboot the Ooma.

Is there a way to disable the 2nd line completely?

Thanks again!

Your Line 1 call shouldn't go dead. Instead you should hear the call waiting sound, and the caller Id should show who is calling on the second line. Probably Ooma Customer Support can turn off your second line, but I don't think that is to good of an Idea. It may be that there is a configuration problem with your profile.

First try:
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

If that doen't work contact Ooma Customer Service with your problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Also some reading:
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/instant-second-line
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/enhanced-call-waiting
#89983 by edsel
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 pm
I have a similar "problem" but with a little different twist. First off, I have a Telo, 3 Ooma handsets, and Premier service. Here are two scenarios with different results.

Scenario 1 (Good): If the active call is one that I received and a second call comes in, the handset gets a beep, the information from the second call is displayed, but I can continue with the first call with no problem - that is ignoring the second call. The call rings on the other phones and everything is the way you might expect. This is good.

Scenario 2 (Bad): If the active call is one that I placed and a second call comes in, the handset gets a beep, the information from the second call is displayed for maybe 2 seconds (or less), and the phone then seems to go dead. The call seems like it is disconnected (it might as well be because you can't talk or listen) and the phone display goes back to the "idle" type display. The other handsets are ringing with the second call. The original call is still "connected", but it takes an action to get it back. The action I have found that pressing the answer button works. Hanging up this call doesn't seem to work all the time either. I certainly hope scenario 2 isn't the way this "feature" is intended to work. Anyone have comments on this?

It took a fair amount of experimentation to determine what was going on. I certainly was surprised (and disappointed) by scenario 2. Also navigating with the multiple phone calls and hanging them up reliably seemed challenging - experiment another night.

Thanks for any further information.
#89987 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm
edsel:
Have you tried the 20 minute Ooma Telo power off? If so and you find no change, report your porblem to Ooma Customer Service.
#90128 by edsel
Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:58 pm
Thanks Thunderbird. I didn't have much hope that the 20 minute "rest" would work, but it did! The good scenario now works whether the first call is incoming or outgoing.

I'm glad I didn't have to go to customer support, because when I did before, I was underwhelmed. It took multiple tries to get to people who read carefully, understood, and knew the answers...

Thanks again!