Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89282 by kmmatney
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 pm
I recently bought the Ooma Telo system - the unit is working OK and calls seem to work fine. My only issue is that the base station has a really low volume. I press the volume button, and it goes from volume "1" to "4", but I have to put my ear right next to the Telo you hear anything. It makes listening to messages nearly impossible unless the room is completely silent. I have no chance of hearing anything with normal household noise. Is this normal? Is the volume supposed to go up to 10?
#89284 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:32 pm
kmmatney wrote:I recently bought the Ooma Telo system - the unit is working OK and calls seem to work fine. My only issue is that the base station has a really low volume. I press the volume button, and it goes from volume "1" to "4", but I have to put my ear right next to the Telo you hear anything. It makes listening to messages nearly impossible unless the room is completely silent. I have no chance of hearing anything with normal household noise. Is this normal? Is the volume supposed to go up to 10?

Ooma Telo speaker volume ranges from 0 to 4. It sounds like your Ooma Telo is defective.

I would take the Ooma Telo back to the store where you bought for and an exchange. You still have to call Ooma Customer Support to get your account changed to the new replacement unit.

Or you can contact Ooma Customer support and they should send you another Ooma Telo, shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back. For this unit, all you have to do is plug it in when you receive it.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST