Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#89220 by Jammers
Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:40 am
Hello,

Before I bought the Ooma Telo, I confirmed that it can port over my landline phone number.

During the Activation/Setup, I had to selected a temporary number. I put in my area code (309) and it gave me a list of cities. My city (Bloomington) was not listed, so I picked something that was close (Peoria). Peoria is long distance for Bloomington.

My question is regarding the Phone Number Porting. If I port over my local landline phone number, will Ooma place that phone number under the city that I selected (Peoria)? In other words, will my neighbor be subject to long distance fees if they try to call me after the phone number port?

Because my city was not listed, this has me worried about staying local when I port my existing phone number.

Thanks,
Jammers
#89222 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 am
Jammers wrote:Hello,

Before I bought the Ooma Telo, I confirmed that it can port over my landline phone number.

During the Activation/Setup, I had to selected a temporary number. I put in my area code (309) and it gave me a list of cities. My city (Bloomington) was not listed, so I picked something that was close (Peoria). Peoria is long distance for Bloomington.

My question is regarding the Phone Number Porting. If I port over my local landline phone number, will Ooma place that phone number under the city that I selected (Peoria)? In other words, will my neighbor be subject to long distance fees if they try to call me after the phone number port?

Because my city was not listed, this has me worried about staying local when I port my existing phone number.

Thanks,
Jammers

If you port your current phone number to Ooma, and if your current phone number isn't long distance for your neighbor now or anyone else calling you, it won't be long distance for your neighbor or anyone else calling you, after the number has been ported to Ooma.