Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88990 by richalger
Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:07 pm
I logged that I received revision 50603 by Wed night. Last night and tonight, I have had to reset my cable modem about 5 times. I just got off customer service with my ISP. I connected directly to a home computer from the cable modem. It seems to be working fine this way. My normal setup is Modem->Telo->Router->computers.

Is there something with revision 50603 that causes Internet to stop working? Have anyone else had a problem like this. It has happened when we were streaming Netflix. We have not had behavior like this before the update Wednesday night. Has anyone else experienced this?
#88991 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 am
richalger wrote:I logged that I received revision 50603 by Wed night. Last night and tonight, I have had to reset my cable modem about 5 times. I just got off customer service with my ISP. I connected directly to a home computer from the cable modem. It seems to be working fine this way. My normal setup is Modem->Telo->Router->computers.

Is there something with revision 50603 that causes Internet to stop working? Have anyone else had a problem like this. It has happened when we were streaming Netflix. We have not had behavior like this before the update Wednesday night. Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you have your Ooma Setup set to use Built In MAC address? If not do so.

To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If that doen't help.
Tempoarily try connecting Modem-Router-Ooma and test.
#88992 by richalger
Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 am
I already am user the built in MAC address.

I am going to keep my system as modem->telo->router unless I see the problem keep occurring. Thanks for your speedy response. Are you paid by Ooma?
#88993 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:00 am
richalger wrote:I already am user the built in MAC address.

I am going to keep my system as modem->telo->router unless I see the problem keep occurring. Thanks for your speedy response. Are you paid by Ooma?

No, just an Ooma Forum volunteer.

During the last part of this week, I found out a little of what is going on. Ooma has been installing and configuring new servers, I don't know where, but suspect for the East coast or East of the Mississippi river? The joining together the new and old has caused problems, and seems to be the reason for some of the one way conversations and at least some of the Robotic voice problems.

I had one way conversations for a day or two, and continue to have Robotic voice problems off and on, even with the latest advanced firmware version that I received yesterday.
#89069 by richalger
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 am
I kept having issues with the Internet cutting out. I could reset my cable modem and it would reconnect fine. But then in afew minutes or hours it would disconnect again.

I changed my configuration to modem->router-telo and computers on Sunday night. I have not had any problems since.

No one else is having this problem?
#89070 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am
richalger wrote:I kept having issues with the Internet cutting out. I could reset my cable modem and it would reconnect fine. But then in afew minutes or hours it would disconnect again.

I changed my configuration to modem->router-telo and computers on Sunday night. I have not had any problems since.

No one else is having this problem?

I have had a similar problem. When I access the Internet with my computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, my computer browser would Stall, stop and become very slow. With my computer connected to one of my router LAN ports, I have normal computer browser operations.

I complained (no response from Ooma), but yesterday and today seemed to be normal. I have two wired LAN cards in my computer, one connected directly to my router, and the other connected to the Ooma Telo Home port. So I just switch connections in My Network places, for testing. Normally, before this problem, both connections operated about the same.
#89072 by hpepper
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 am
I too am having the same problem - I notice it when watching a Roku channel. I too am set up Modem > Telo > Router and I also have been using built-in MAC address for quite a while.

So far so good today though.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests