Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88892 by baddiver
Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 am
I have an older ooma and almost everytime I make a call there is a long delay, then it rings and hangs up really quick multiple times. this has been going on a couple weeks. ooma also goes directly to answering machine most of the time. I have dsl with a Westell 7500 modem that i am connected to. Any ideas?
#88893 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 am
baddiver wrote:I have an older ooma and almost everytime I make a call there is a long delay, then it rings and hangs up really quick multiple times. this has been going on a couple weeks. ooma also goes directly to answering machine most of the time. I have dsl with a Westell 7500 modem that i am connected to. Any ideas?

You aren't alone. There is a "bug" that Ooma is attempting to fix.

The Ooma work around for calling outbound is to use a *99 prefix before dialing the number for Ooma Telos and Hubs. (Note: *99 can cause echo).
For Ooma Telos you can also use *98 or *96 (no echo) before dialing the number. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Doing a 20 minute power off, then repowering has helped some people. It doesn't last but a few hours, but...

Most important is to report this problem to Ooma Customer Support so that they know about your problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Also try this: Dial *#*#298 - Force configuration sync with Ooma servers.
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/star-co ... oma-device