Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Post Reply
GoldBeachBiker
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by GoldBeachBiker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 pm

What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by thunderbird » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:35 am

GoldBeachBiker wrote:What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)
I've seen posts in this forum that say five years???????

tommies
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by tommies » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

thunderbird wrote: I've seen posts in this forum that say five years???????
Hmm, I believe the telo was released in the later half of 09, and mine is around 26 months now.
GoldBeachBiker wrote:What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)
An entry level UPS is a better option, IMO.

See
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7620
tommies

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:18 am

Cooling pad will help too I think: viewtopic.php?t=8227#p71291
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Charles R
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by Charles R » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

I have used a few units and even with 24/7 they remain cool enough I can't imagine any external help making any real difference to the internal temperature or its lifespan based on a few degrees. A surge protector certainly has the potential of greatly helping.

GoldBeachBiker
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by GoldBeachBiker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 pm

IMG_5959.jpg
IMG_5959.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
My setup: Includes one perfectly fine, USB driven, laptop fan that was cannibalized from an ancient HP. Some things never die. Total cost = $0.00 :D

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Great setup. Wire tray upside down works too if you need a change up from wood to metal :)
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

DawnW
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Lifespan of Ooma Telo

Post by DawnW » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:53 am

I had to go and feel mine. It isn't hot at all.

Dawn
Charles R wrote:I have used a few units and even with 24/7 they remain cool enough I can't imagine any external help making any real difference to the internal temperature or its lifespan based on a few degrees. A surge protector certainly has the potential of greatly helping.

Post Reply