Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88703 by GoldBeachBiker
Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 pm
What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)
#88723 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:35 am
GoldBeachBiker wrote:What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)

I've seen posts in this forum that say five years???????
#88763 by tommies
Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm
thunderbird wrote:I've seen posts in this forum that say five years???????

Hmm, I believe the telo was released in the later half of 09, and mine is around 26 months now.

GoldBeachBiker wrote:What is the forum's consensus of the life I can reasonably expect out of a Telo unit? I have my unit elevated on two narrow lengths of 1 1/2 inch thick strips of wood, and a computer fan constantly moving air around the unit. I am not fond of extended warranties. :)

An entry level UPS is a better option, IMO.

See
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7620
#88780 by Charles R
Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am
I have used a few units and even with 24/7 they remain cool enough I can't imagine any external help making any real difference to the internal temperature or its lifespan based on a few degrees. A surge protector certainly has the potential of greatly helping.
#88808 by GoldBeachBiker
Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 pm
IMG_5959.jpg
IMG_5959.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
My setup: Includes one perfectly fine, USB driven, laptop fan that was cannibalized from an ancient HP. Some things never die. Total cost = $0.00 :D
#88813 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm
Great setup. Wire tray upside down works too if you need a change up from wood to metal :)
#88961 by DawnW
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:53 am
I had to go and feel mine. It isn't hot at all.

Dawn

Charles R wrote:I have used a few units and even with 24/7 they remain cool enough I can't imagine any external help making any real difference to the internal temperature or its lifespan based on a few degrees. A surge protector certainly has the potential of greatly helping.