Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88630 by themorg
Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:29 am
I am having a problem connecting to my home computer with pcanywhere after a year of using ooma. When dialing in from outside it will not connect. I believe it's a port forwarding issue becuase my current set up is modem to ooma to router. I have set the port forwarding in both the router and ooma but still hangs. I anyone using pcanywhere and having similar issues ? If not how have you set up. Thanks
#88631 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 am
themorg wrote:I am having a problem connecting to my home computer with pcanywhere after a year of using ooma. When dialing in from outside it will not connect. I believe it's a port forwarding issue becuase my current set up is modem to ooma to router. I have set the port forwarding in both the router and ooma but still hangs. I anyone using pcanywhere and having similar issues ? If not how have you set up. Thanks

One thing that you could try, connect your Ooma device Modem-Router-Ooma. Connect nothing to the Ooma device's Home Port, except to temporariy connect a computer to access Ooma Setup if Ooma Setup adjustment will be made.