Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88595 by BraveOne
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 am
I know that this is a longshot, but is there any way to automatically pause a bittorrent transfer when a call is made or received?

I don't mind writing a bit of code, so anything that lets me detect a call in progress would suffice. Is there an API? Is there an SNMP agent running on the Telo that I could query?

Thanks!
#88616 by tommies
Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:12 pm
You should read the manual of your router. There's a section called QoS. Connection from the ooma devices should have the highest priority, and bittorrent the lowest. This will guarantee ooma the bandwidth it needed and control bittorrent traffic. If nothing else running, bittorrent will be run at full speed and will be slower if something else is run.

If you want more detail, please post the brand + model of your router, someone will be able to help
#88617 by BraveOne
Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm
I have a WRT610N Linksys router. I already have Telo traffic set to the highest priority and Bittorrent traffic set to the lowest. I sometimes still see a degradation in call quality when doing bittorent transfers during calls. I think I will revisit my QoS settings, though. Maybe instead of prioritizing Telo traffic using MAC address, I should be prioritizing based on ethernet port. Maybe I put in the wrong MAC address?
#88626 by murphy
Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 am
BraveOne wrote:I have a WRT610N Linksys router. I already have Telo traffic set to the highest priority and Bittorrent traffic set to the lowest. I sometimes still see a degradation in call quality when doing bittorent transfers during calls. I think I will revisit my QoS settings, though. Maybe instead of prioritizing Telo traffic using MAC address, I should be prioritizing based on ethernet port. Maybe I put in the wrong MAC address?

You need the MAC address of the internet port which is one higher than the MAC address that is on the label.