Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88042 by Bill D
Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm
I just bought the Ooma Mobile App for my iPhone 4 and when I place a call to anyone with an Ooma Hub (I've tried 4), I don't hear a ring tone on the iPhone end. I just hear silence until the person or Ooma VM answers and speaks. I don't know anyone with a Telo that I can place a call to, but I suspect it may work the same. However, when I place calls from any Hub to any other Hub, the ring tone I hear on the calling end is normal. Anyone know what's up with this?

Similarly, I've previously had folks with Comcast phones tell me that they didn't hear a ring tone when calling my Hub, but they haven't commented lately. Maybe they just live with it and don't tell me.
#88152 by blackpippi
Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 am
I am having the same issue using the app on both an iPhone and an iPad. When I call a non Ooma customer it immediately starts off with a recording of how many minutes I have then it starts ringing. A call to an Ooma is just silence-somehow a bit eerie.
#88158 by Bill D
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 am
The absence of the "time remaining" message is understandable because all calls to Ooma users are free but the lack of a ring tone is very misleading.

Get on it Ooma!