Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87862 by FlyerQ
Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm
Ooma Mobile doesn't work. The application will dial, then I will here a broken static filled ringing (and other phone will ring), followed by complete silence and finally disconnection.

How do I fix or get a refund?

Thanks
#87980 by FlyerQ
Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 am
Bump....

Works over 3G, but not wireless making it useless for my needs. Many other reports of similar problems from other purchasers.

I've tried multiple wireless networks with very fast connections.

So, is this a total fail or what?!?
#87985 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 am
Are you able to dial out when connected to other wifi networks?

I've had TrendNet routers (TRENDnet TEW-639GR H/W: V1.0R, then TRENDnet TEW-652BRP H/W: V2.1R) that I couldn't get to work.

With my D-Link DIR-825, I had to upgrade the firmware and no issues.
#87993 by FlyerQ
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 am
Well, my real goal is to use it when traveling where 3G is not supported. I just got back from Europe and tried it on 5 different wifi setups (provided by hotels and rental apartments) without success.

I have two wifi routers (dlink and belkin I believe) at home and neither works. I have not tried updating firmware, but certain can do that if it might help.

Of course, from home I don't need it to work since I can just use my cordless phone via. ooma.

The ooma mobile apps value (to me) is limited to being able to make calls from wifi networks while traveling.

I'll look for a firmware upgrade and if it works it does provide a data point.

Thanks
#88004 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:11 pm
My experience has been that the app works wherever there are public wifi available. I have friends that travel overseas and have no issues using the app via hotel wifi.
#88020 by FlyerQ
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 am
I wonder if the issue is specific to my phone (or certain phones)?

Could there be an incompatibility with other software?

Would be great to hear from Ooma on this issue.