Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87838 by bchock
Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:11 am
Aloha, I need help with the timezone setting on my Ooma. It's time-stamping all my incoming/outgoing calls with Pacific Standard Time instead of Hawaii Standard Time so everything is consistently 3 hours off. I reported this via Ooma's online support on 9/16 and the next day I received a reply that it needed to be bumped up to a higher technical team. The reply stated that I would receive feedback via email, but I didn't receive any response so I sent back an email asking about the status of my case on 9/27. To this day, I still haven't received any replies or updates and my problem is still occurring. My incident number is 110916-001451. Hope someone can help! Mahalo.
#87859 by EA PA
Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 am
sign into User Control Panel
Board Preferences
Edit Global Setting
My Time Zone
UTC-10
#87873 by bchock
Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:13 pm
EA PA wrote:sign into User Control Panel
Board Preferences
Edit Global Setting
My Time Zone
UTC-10

Thanks EA PA, but I'm having issues with my Ooma timestamps, not the timezone settings for my forum account. I just noticed that there was someone else from Hawaii who had the same problem back in April. I'll see if I can contact the support tech who helped resolve the problem.
#87874 by just4fn
Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:24 pm
just a total guess, what area code are you using? I will assume it time stamps on the picked area code.
#87879 by bchock
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm
I have an 808 area code (yes, I really live in Hawaii), but as you imply, I'm almost certain the problem is with the area code and something just needs to be reset at their facilities. I am just surprised why they haven't reset it already and why they haven't contacted me with a status update.
#88010 by bchock
Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 pm
Well, I called Ooma yesterday and the support clerk apologized and after checking that they could actually set a timezone for Hawaii (?!), just reiterated that it needed to be sent up to a higher technical group with no explanation as to why I haven't received any update for almost 3 weeks. I'm a little skeptical it will be resolved by the end of the week, but I hope I'm wrong.
#88873 by bchock
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm
:( Still not fixed after more than a month. The least they could do is send me an email explaining why it is so difficult to reset a timezone which is in the United States. Anyone else in Hawaii or Alaska with this problem? :(
#88880 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:29 pm
bchock wrote::( Still not fixed after more than a month. The least they could do is send me an email explaining why it is so difficult to reset a timezone which is in the United States. Anyone else in Hawaii or Alaska with this problem? :(

I would send Ooma Customer Support a new E-mail request, again, and again, if necessary.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89089 by bchock
Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 pm
Just got an email from Ooma Support and I'm back on Hawaiian Time! :D
#89148 by just4fn
Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 am
That only took about a month US time or 6 weeks Hawiian time!