Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87634 by bulgrien
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:01 pm
Got my Ooma Telo about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been using it because it continually resets after which it cannot make or receive calls. Today I swapped out my DSL for FiOS, so the Ooma Telo is operating off of a completely new (and faster) modem, but is still has the same problem. I don't have any Internet connectivity issues on my computers, so I very much doubt that the router is to blame, especially after seeing the problem with two different broadband services with two different modems.
#87637 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:09 pm
bulgrien wrote:Got my Ooma Telo about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been using it because it continually resets after which it cannot make or receive calls. Today I swapped out my DSL for FiOS, so the Ooma Telo is operating off of a completely new (and faster) modem, but is still has the same problem. I don't have any Internet connectivity issues on my computers, so I very much doubt that the router is to blame, especially after seeing the problem with two different broadband services with two different modems.

First do this:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem, when the Modem is done booting reboot your Ooma device and test.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem. When the Modem is done booting reboot your Router, when the Router is done booting, reboot your Ooma device and test.

Note: Reboot means remove power, then plug power back in for the device in the order listed above.

Second:
If the above procedure doesn't help, probably your Ooma device is defective.

If your Ooma device is within the one year warranty period, Ooma will send you another Ooma device shipping prepaid. They will also send along a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma device back.

Contact Ooma Customer support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#87650 by bulgrien
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:04 pm
Thanks for the instructions. They didn't help my issue, though. The Ooma Telo continues to reboot about once every 3 minutes. I'll contact support.
#87662 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm
bulgrien wrote:Thanks for the instructions. They didn't help my issue, though. The Ooma Telo continues to reboot about once every 3 minutes. I'll contact support.

One thing I forgot to tell you to try is issue a factory reset, if you have an Ooma Tolo:

Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
#87823 by bulgrien
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:23 pm
Thanks, thunderbird. I managed to squeeze in a factory reset between reboots then unplugged the power from the Telo for half-an-hour. Once the Telo powered back up, I called the number from my cell as soon as I had a dial tone. No change. The call went dead at 55 seconds and the Telo rebooted.
#88038 by bulgrien
Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:08 pm
A replacement telo arrived today. I swapped it out and everything immediately started working perfectly. Will return the defective telo tomorrow.
#88039 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm
bulgrien wrote:A replacement telo arrived today. I swapped it out and everything immediately started working perfectly. Will return the defective telo tomorrow.

Great! :D