Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87556 by roadshow
Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:23 am
I currently have an OOMA Core System. I do not have Premier. I currently have caller id with name. I have one of the grandfathered units that have no annual taxes.

My question is this. If I upgrade to a Telo through OOMA, will I continue to have caller id with name? or will I lose the name and just see the number?
#87599 by WJBertrand
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 am
roadshow wrote:I currently have an OOMA Core System. I do not have Premier. I currently have caller id with name. I have one of the grandfathered units that have no annual taxes.

My question is this. If I upgrade to a Telo through OOMA, will I continue to have caller id with name? or will I lose the name and just see the number?

With the Telo, I just add the number to my contact list on-line and you can choose to display any caller ID name you like, within the limited number characters. My wife has a rather nosy friend who calls several times a day, including usually at dinner time. I have the caller ID and talking Panasonic phones showing / saying "Cindy Again". My non-technical wife is not amused, but she doesn't know that I can do that!
#87608 by roadshow
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:59 am
Thanks WJBertrand. I can think of some creative names for my callers too :)
However, I want to know if true Caller ID + Name will still work with the Telo because I have Core now, which works.
#87618 by WJBertrand
Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:49 am
roadshow wrote:Thanks WJBertrand. I can think of some creative names for my callers too :)
However, I want to know if true Caller ID + Name will still work with the Telo because I have Core now, which works.

Sorry, might depend on the phone? Ours show both the number and the name.
#87624 by roadshow
Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 pm
My phone definitely supports it. But, Will OOMA honor the CNAME on the Telo because I already get it with Core on the Hub/Scout. Normally Telo only supports the name only with Premier.