Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87522 by teloooma2
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 am
After the 49339 update my Telo can not sink to the server any more.

During the power up process the light behave as follow... line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue,
then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row ..... are running forever.
The center logo never lights up. There is something wrong with this unit going on.
#87523 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 am
teloooma2 wrote:After the 49339 update my Telo can not sink to the server any more.

During the power up process the light behave as follow... line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue,
then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row ..... are running forever.
The center logo never lights up. There is something wrong with this unit going on.

First:
For a Modem-Ooma-Router connection, remove power from the Modem and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo. (Or if your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, remove power, then restore power in the order connected, as directed in the step below).

If that doesn't work:
Temporarily connect your Ooma Telo Modem-Router-Ooma. Temporarily connect a network cable from the Ooma Telo Home port to the Wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi; If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Access Ooma setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet at the upper left side of window. Following Network Connections: click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device below.
Remove power from the Modem, Router, and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem done booting, Repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.
#87526 by teloooma2
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:23 am
I am familiar with these procedures and I was performing them thousand times already during last 4 days.
The bottom line is nothing helps. Still this same.

The center big ooma Logo never blinks, even at the very beginning when the power is attached.
This is not normal behavior.

I can communicate to Telo over the home network. The Telo sees the internet, confirms the DSN servers and verifies the speed test straight off the its setup screen.

The problem is, Telo does not sink to the ooma server =Ooma Network: Not connected - Attempting to connect to the Ooma network.

Is there a way to flash the Telo on demand? ...possibly from PC over LAN or USB? ... or Reset to factory seting with some hard switch... becouse the combination of buttons STOP and DELETE BIN do not work in my case (see not regular start up procedure= the big logo never blinks)

Any smart ideas? ... or get ready for a new Telo
#87530 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:36 am
teloooma2:
First:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to the Telo to issue a factory reset.

Second:
After accessing Ooma Setup, then clicking on Status, you see,
TO INTERNET port:..........Connected: [ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ] Showing the IP number
But
OOMA Tunnel:................ (shows not connected)

You have to call Ooma Customer Support to have them give your profile a "Kick Start". Tell them your Internet IP address is connected, but the Ooma Tunnel isn't connected.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST