Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87499 by terryh
Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm
877-203-5045
Never leaves message
Never replies when I answer
When I call number back. Gives message as Popular Community Bank, opt out option that doesn't work. Only gives a number to call for more information; 800 474-4047, which is a home warranty company who swears has no affiliation to the 877 number. Frankly, the calls would not bring any business to them other than a lawsuit. So a big cirlcle jerk that leaves my phone ringing and me po'd. Wouldn't be so bad, but I'm home more often lately to hear the phone ring. Current family illnesses require me to always check caller ID. I called Banco Popular Bank and they have no record of that number either.

I'm not an Ooma premier subscriber(disposable cash depleted), but read of "community blacklisting". Is that "premier subscriber community blacklisting" or the "Ooma community blacklisting"? I submit that 877-203-5045 needs blacklisting.
#87542 by terryh
Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 pm
2spirit wrote:Have you listed your number on the National Do Not Call Registry? It's not a cure-all, but it does help! And it's free!

Yeah, been on the list since day one. Renew it every couple years to make sure. All of our phones are on it. Obviously, it doesn't work any more. I even repeatedly report the numbers that call unsolicited, but they now can use skype or whatever to disquise their numbers. I've gotten calls from 000-000-0000 and ID's that say, "urgent" or "emergency". So the morons know how to beat the system. If I wasn't home to hear the phone ring, it really wouldn't be an issue. They don't call at night fortunately.

We didn't get these calls until we got listed in the phone book. For decades we paid the extra fee to be unlisted. A few years ago, we must of accidently declined the option, saved a couple bucks, but the calls started. Wondering if our number is still listed because we brought it with us to Ooma. We've had the same number for 30 years, about 28 without telemarketers. If we are no longer with Verizon, does our number disappear from their directories automatically?
#87552 by murphy
Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:25 am
My phone number, originally issued by Verizon (Bell) is still listed in the phone directory (online only - they stopped publishing a paper phone book for residential listings) even though it was with Vonage for 5 years and now with Ooma for 2-3/4 years.
#87597 by terryh
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 am
Yeah, we stopped getting white pages years ago. Still get a condensed yellow pages. I'm thinking that telemarketers can download, buy, or acquire a white pages and along with the random computer dialing, annoy most everyone at some point.