Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87463 by aa3815
Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:29 pm
Activated my new Telo, picked an available number, made a outgoing test call to my local number and it came up with someone elses name. :o Made a incoming call and someone answered. After a few minutes I learned that this person had a Ooma but later ported their number to At&t Uverse. So why was this number available to me?

Called support and after having them repeat themselves several times they finally changed the number.

The other thing I wanted to address was that the MAC address on the unit was one digit off that my gateway.2wire.net showed. :o :o . I decided to just get them to forget I brought it up.

I now need to call At&t to schedule my dry loop.

Update: 9/28/2011
Tech called and said he had to come out and change cable & pair for my DSL. I asked why they couldn't use the same one and he said I don't know, this is what I was told to do. Anyway, I had to leave and when I came back I found 120 tone (fast busy) on my phones. I knew I had to re-active my 2 wire gateway. I wasn't told that I now had a new account #, I couldn't use my original pots number. Had to call and was told my new account # starting with 064-xxx-xxxx , great. Once I enter the new account # everything else seems to be going okay.
Last edited by aa3815 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
#87464 by murphy
Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:32 pm
The Telo has two MAC addresses.
The one on the label is for the Home port.
The one for the Internet port is one higher than the one on the label.
#87466 by aa3815
Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 pm
WOW , great response Murphy. :D I didn't know that. Newbie here.
Thanks!

BTW, where on the forum do we give thanks so all will see?
#87479 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 pm
aa3815 wrote:After a few minutes I learned that this person had a Ooma but later ported their number to At&t Uverse.

This will puzzle me until I die :)

But what you experienced happens once in a while, I suppose Ooma hasn't completely fixed the issue yet. Assignable number pool contaminated with ported out numbers.

viewtopic.php?t=12130