Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87461 by diddlydoo
Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:09 pm
I get this call about everyday from a solicitor. I marked the number as 'blocked'. They called today with the exact same phone number that I had blocked. It is marked in red as being blocked so why is it still coming through? Thanks.
#87474 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:31 pm
diddlydoo wrote:I get this call about everyday from a solicitor. I marked the number as 'blocked'. They called today with the exact same phone number that I had blocked. It is marked in red as being blocked so why is it still coming through? Thanks.

Report you problem to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Let us know what Support tells you.
#87491 by WJBertrand
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:56 am
diddlydoo wrote:I get this call about everyday from a solicitor. I marked the number as 'blocked'. They called today with the exact same phone number that I had blocked. It is marked in red as being blocked so why is it still coming through? Thanks.

Did you make sure your personal blacklist is enabled under the preferences? For some reason the enable field becomes unchecked occasionally.
#87571 by diddlydoo
Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 pm
Ok, I am noticing that the black listed number is not ringing but going to voicemail as I keep seeing my red light blinking because these people don't leave a message but don't hang up fast enough so my voicemail starts and blinks.

Do the black listed people have any idea they are being blocked or will they just keep continuing to call and my voicemail light keep blinking each time?
#87572 by 2spirit
Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:53 pm
diddlydoo wrote:Ok, I am noticing that the black listed number is not ringing but going to voicemail as I keep seeing my red light blinking because these people don't leave a message but don't hang up fast enough so my voicemail starts and blinks.

Do the black listed people have any idea they are being blocked or will they just keep continuing to call and my voicemail light keep blinking each time?

You can adjust what happens to the call in your "Preferences" under "Blacklist". There are four available options. For example, I have mine set to "Continuous Ring". The blacklisted caller just hears a continuous ring, but my phones remain silent. That way the call never goes to voicemail . This works well for me . . . and does not produce the blinking blue light!
#87617 by cinemachine
Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 am
I too am constantly having to recheck the "enable personal blacklist" box and am frustrated by having to do so, as phone numbers that I've placed on the list are getting through. Once I check it and hit "save," it should stay like that forever unless I uncheck it, correct? Well that's not currently happening, as somehow it is becoming unchecked. Ooma, obviously I'm not the only one having this problem, so I hope you fix it soon.
#87649 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:48 pm
cinemachine wrote:I too am constantly having to recheck the "enable personal blacklist" box and am frustrated by having to do so, as phone numbers that I've placed on the list are getting through. Once I check it and hit "save," it should stay like that forever unless I uncheck it, correct? Well that's not currently happening, as somehow it is becoming unchecked. Ooma, obviously I'm not the only one having this problem, so I hope you fix it soon.

Report you problem to Ooma Customer Support:
If enough people report this problem, it will raise the priority to get it fixed.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST