Unable to import Google Voice number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jasonf

Unable to import Google Voice number

Post by jasonf » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 am

I am new to Ooma and am having trouble setting up Google Voice extensions.

I have setup a second number in Ooma to connect to Google Voice, but when I try to import my Google Voice number I get the message "We had a problem logging into your account with those credentials. Please try again.". I am not using the wrong credentials as I have no difficulty logging on to Google Voice itself.

Any thoughts as to what might be happening? Some setting I am missing in Ooma or Google Voice?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dmartin

Re: Unable to import Google Voice number

Post by dmartin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:14 am

Me too, just plugged in ooma last night and can't get GV extensions to work.

I called customer care, got escalated to level 2. The person consulted level 3 and reported that this is a "known bug" that was reported "earlier this week" and they are supposedly working on it. She said that I may receive email if the bug gets fixed (I'm skeptical).

If we're lucky, it's something they can fix without rolling out new firmware. Personally I suppose I will give it a week or so before returning the box to Amazon. (GV was a primary selling point for me)

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I have been using GV "naked" for well over a year with no problems. I have Premier but never thought it was worth it to use GVE. I just use GV to forward to my ooma number and my cell. I have two GV numbers pointed to my Telo - a personal one on the first Telo number and a second one for our non-profit organization pointing to the 2nd ooma number with a special ring. It works very well. We have multiple numbers and lines into our home so I just told all our friends that calling any of our non-GV numbers was like playing Russian roulette - they might get us but most likely will not. Now that they are trained, most call our main GV number. If our DSL is out, I just set GV to forward to our landline. If our Telo is having a bad day, I just set it to forward to our hub. Now if I could only get GV to work perfectly all the time...
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

dmartin

Post by dmartin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

I got a notification on my open support ticket saying that the feature had been restored. I tried again, and it looks like it's working now. How about that! I'll keep working with it over the next few days, but it looks fixed for me.

jasonf

Post by jasonf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 am

It's working for me now as well. Thanks for getting this fixed!