Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87208 by jasonf
Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 am
I am new to Ooma and am having trouble setting up Google Voice extensions.

I have setup a second number in Ooma to connect to Google Voice, but when I try to import my Google Voice number I get the message "We had a problem logging into your account with those credentials. Please try again.". I am not using the wrong credentials as I have no difficulty logging on to Google Voice itself.

Any thoughts as to what might be happening? Some setting I am missing in Ooma or Google Voice?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
#87210 by dmartin
Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:14 am
Me too, just plugged in ooma last night and can't get GV extensions to work.

I called customer care, got escalated to level 2. The person consulted level 3 and reported that this is a "known bug" that was reported "earlier this week" and they are supposedly working on it. She said that I may receive email if the bug gets fixed (I'm skeptical).

If we're lucky, it's something they can fix without rolling out new firmware. Personally I suppose I will give it a week or so before returning the box to Amazon. (GV was a primary selling point for me)
#87227 by southsound
Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:43 pm
I have been using GV "naked" for well over a year with no problems. I have Premier but never thought it was worth it to use GVE. I just use GV to forward to my ooma number and my cell. I have two GV numbers pointed to my Telo - a personal one on the first Telo number and a second one for our non-profit organization pointing to the 2nd ooma number with a special ring. It works very well. We have multiple numbers and lines into our home so I just told all our friends that calling any of our non-GV numbers was like playing Russian roulette - they might get us but most likely will not. Now that they are trained, most call our main GV number. If our DSL is out, I just set GV to forward to our landline. If our Telo is having a bad day, I just set it to forward to our hub. Now if I could only get GV to work perfectly all the time...
#87373 by dmartin
Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm
I got a notification on my open support ticket saying that the feature had been restored. I tried again, and it looks like it's working now. How about that! I'll keep working with it over the next few days, but it looks fixed for me.