Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86955 by timkdavis
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:11 am
I'm currently setup with cablemodem->Telo->Airport Extreme. The AE is in bridge mode, so the Telo is providing the DHCP services. I'd like to reserve an IP address for my printer. Can the Telo do DHCP reservations? I'd move the Telo behind the AE, but the apple router doesn't do QoS.
Thanks - td
#86957 by thunderbird
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:43 am
timkdavis wrote:I'm currently setup with cablemodem->Telo->Airport Extreme. The AE is in bridge mode, so the Telo is providing the DHCP services. I'd like to reserve an IP address for my printer. Can the Telo do DHCP reservations? I'd move the Telo behind the AE, but the apple router doesn't do QoS.
Thanks - td

No there isn't any way to reserve an IP address in the Ooma Telo Home Network DHCP section; if you have more than one device connected the Home port's DHCP.

Many people connect the Ooma device behind the Apple Airport Extreme with great success.

Since it seems like it doesn't matter if the Airport Extreme provides QoS, I'd take the Airport Extreme out of bridge mode. Then I'd connect the Ooma Telo behind the Airport Extreme, to one of the router's LAN ports, at least for a trail period of time. If you don't have enough Airport Extreme LAN ports, I'd purchase a Switch. A Switch acts a port multiplier. I have two eight port switches in my homes' LAN.

See the topic below for more information including how to handle double NAT:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11474&p=81709&hilit=Airport+Extreme+light#p81709