Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#6891 by whn
Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 am
All these flashbacks of SunRocket came back to mind from 11 - 6 PM.

anyone else. ?

I think OOMA needs to get Ashton Kutcher out there for P.R. damage control.

Dont die on me, OOMA.
#7415 by bgoodcci
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 am
I know exactly what you mean. I had sunrocket when it disappeared without warning. The bad part is ooma doesn't even have my number ported yet and there's been 2 outages in 3 days. I'm thinking I made a bad choice.
#7425 by oomg
Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:15 am
Aw... cmon... you guys remind me of that group of people on the Titanic that were ready to jump overboard just because they hit a little iceberg.

All kidding aside, I am reading a number of complaints about ooma's failure to have redundant system backup, failure to post updates, etc. Yet, many of these same people have failed to plan ahead for what I consider to be inevitable; i.e. a system outage, whether local ISP or limited to a particular service which depends on the internet like ooma.

I have retained one landline. Yes, the outage on the 13th was an inconvenience, but that was all. And for what I am saving, I can tolerate an inconvenience on an occasional basis.

oomg
#7427 by ooma_try
Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:20 am
oomg wrote:Aw... cmon... you guys remind me of that group of people on the Titanic that were ready to jump overboard just because they hit a little iceberg.
oomg

I'm an ooma fan also, but can you think of any valid reason that ooma appears to have completely disappeared today?? I haven't seen a single piece of evidence that they're even at work....has anyone?
#7431 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 am
And once again, I agree with oomg. If you are going to depend on VOIP as your only phone service, you are in for a bumpy ride.
Backup your phone, backup your electricity. I guarantee you will probably lose both in the near future.

I lost my network last week (AT&T) for about 6 hours. ooma was down also (of course). There was a cable cut locally. Landline was my backup. Network goes down, ooma automatically engages landline.

I have battery backup on my network, ooma and cordless phone.

Simple. It's amazing how it works.

Wayne
#7453 by oomg
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 am
ooma_try wrote:I'm an ooma fan also, but can you think of any valid reason that ooma appears to have completely disappeared today?? I haven't seen a single piece of evidence that they're even at work....has anyone?

Yes... blue lights since 7:02 a.m. PDT. i am 100% confident (well, maybe only 99.9% confident) that ooma staff would like to identify all possible problems and cure them forever.
#7459 by lohertz
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 am
WayneDsr wrote:And once again, I agree with oomg. If you are going to depend on VOIP as your only phone service, you are in for a bumpy ride.
Backup your phone, backup your electricity. I guarantee you will probably lose both in the near future.

LOL
#7473 by numa-numa
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:45 am
I agree with oomg. I am not paying a phone bill. If I get to use Ooma for a year and then it goes under, so be it, that's a year's money saved. I knew when i got it that power outages and internet problems would possibly plague me. My only gripe is the lack of on-time notification. It got better with today's outage, but still was a couple of hours late.

Gotta say, I've loved it. No problems ever when it's up. If it has some time out, then I have my cell phone (wow, a contingency plan!)
#7489 by jmassimilla
Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 am
It's still a LOT better than my previous carrier was in terms of notification and communication. Everything involving communication and support with them involved "outsourcing". Need I say more? BTW, they are no longer in business, which is how I came upon the good fortune to hook up with ooma.