Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86825 by thusband
Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:13 pm
I have two Ooma handsets and two existing handsets from my old ATT setup. How do my wife and I make a call using the two Ooma handsets? I can get the speakerphone to work on one Ooma handset but trying to carry on a conversation is impossible (it seems to be a one way conversation-either they talk or we talk- no cross talk at all). Using two handsets would be Ok but I can't figure out to join the open line. Once line 1 is open all I seem to have access to is line 2.

I'm missing some thing here I'm sure.

Thanks,

tom Husband
#86828 by thusband
Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:26 pm
Thanks. "Left soft key"? What key is that? Is it the "minus" key on the left?

Now I notice that the handset I was trying to get hooked up to the conversation is off. No Dial tone, no nothing. How do I get it back up?
#86829 by thusband
Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:37 pm
OK, got the hand set back. Just need to clarify the "left soft key" and can't as I'm not on the phone now.

Thanks
#86830 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm
thusband wrote:"Left soft key"? What key is that? Is it the "minus" key on the left?

Yes.
#86833 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am
thusband wrote:Is that mentioned anywhere in the instructions?

You can find it in the support article.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/113

"What if I want to have two handsets connected to the same phone call?"

"If you're using an Ooma Telo Handset, you'll see the option to join line one or two when you press "talk" on the handset."

When you press the "talk" or "answer call" button while a call is in progress on another handset, you'd receive a dialtone but the screen gives you the option to "enter a phone number or join a line," the left softkey reflects "line 1" where you can press & join the call.

Or you can press menu, select "show lines" and then join using left softkey.